Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kamado Temp Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bigger fire and more open vents did the trick. I think my specific meteorological conditions made the stickies, readmes, and tutorials less effective than they most surely are in the summer.

I did an awesome chuck roast today and the only hiccup was that I needed to refuel early in the cook because it took two hours with vents wide open to heat up to 250 in 10 F weather early in the morning and then it started snowing. Before and after that incident the temp was acceptably stable, especially considering the on and off snow and wind.

Having cooked both ways I can see that the SnS permits super clean smoke down at 225-50 whereas in traditional kamado mode it does better at 275+. I'm a huge fan of SnS mode for this reason. Although I do like that refueling isn't really a thing in kamado mode. I ordered the pit viper adapter because as much as I want to learn this cooker without it, a fan is probably my best weapon against this cold air.

I am thrilled with this cooker. It's a whole different experience than my kettle or barrel. I didn't realize that my smoke could be even cleaner and my q quality is improved.
    Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here