Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS: Adrenaline Barbecue Kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS: Adrenaline Barbecue Kamado

Did anyone else see the live Q&A about the ABCBarbecue Kamado? I have toyed with the idea of a kamado for the past few years but this might be the one to make me pull the trigger. Seems like it solves some of the common concerns of other kamados. Just need to start saving some pennies to pay for it. Or convince my wife we should spend our tax return on another cooker and not stuff like tires, stuff for the new baby, etc.

Nice! Thanks for sharing ... and congrats to David Parrish on the new Kamado!

Comment

Here's some pics of the up & coming "Slow 'N Sear Deluxe Kamado" ("SnSK") slowing, searing, smoke ringing, and barking it up...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1550697160686.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	638759
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1550697163930.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	638756Click image for larger version

Name:	1550697200074.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	638757Click image for larger version

Name:	1550697256277.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	638758Click image for larger version

Name:	1550697173113.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	638755Click image for larger version

Name:	1550697352192.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	638760Click image for larger version

Name:	1550697347812.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	638754

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Kamados are only good for roasting...😬😬😬 Just Kidding!!!! Just Kidding!!!

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Lmao!

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee did you really "Tin Foil" your DnG??

It looks like Dave has another winner.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. Combining the best of both units- the kettle & the kamado, and incorporating the convenience of the SnS with it.

• jecucolo
        jecucolo commented
        Editing a comment
        I like what Dave does. It seems like the things he produces come from many years of wondering why? They are always practical and user friendly. I never thought about getting a kamado but he sure makes me think about it now.

I hope that with all his success Dave won't have to go to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, ever again, unless, of course, he wants to.

Comment

Crap! I thought I wanted a Primo.... This sounds promising.

Comment

im trying to understand how "more airflow" doesnt turn into more heat - especially given how the mass of the ceramic would hold on to it?

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            You simply adjust the fuel load accordingly.

Any idea on price point?

Comment

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Dave also mentioned an early order sale price. I didn’t hear what it will be though.

• au4stree
            au4stree commented
            Editing a comment
            The video said $1499 with lift gate shipping to the lower 48. Comes with a plethora of ABC accessories.
            Ceramic grill, nest, sideshelves, SnS, easy spin grate, extension grate, ash tool, DnG. I think I got it all.....
            Last edited by au4stree; February 20, 2019, 08:17 PM. Reason: Edit misspellings.

• fkrall
            fkrall commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe 1419 presale (from the Facebook page)

Dang it. Now I’m intrigued.

Comment

wow! WOW! WOW!

Comment

If I wasn’t going to Hawaii next month I would pre order but I think Dave made up my mind for me.

Comment

• MBMorgan
                MBMorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                I bet you can pre-order then ask them not to ship until you get home so you can arrange a delivery date.

It's round? Hmm.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                I feel like they could have gone oval with maybe 2 sizes of SnS.

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                But before I pass judgment I would like to hear more about it.

• au4stree
                au4stree commented
                Editing a comment
                EXACTLY, this was my first thought when I saw Huskee 's pictures. That's why I love the PK360 so much and am enticed by the Primo, the oval shape is perfect for 2 zone cooking. But, I'll hold judgement until I see them.

Same principle as a kettle, still true 2 zone by bringing the heat up close to the grate and giving you 2 silutaneous sides. But knowing Dave I wouldn't put it past him to have plans for an oblong (Primo-shaped) kamado as well... Really though if you think about it, you can still do a lot of meat on the indirect side of the grate, and you could still use this as a traditional kamado setup as well. There's less need for side space with the way this can be used.

Comment

Hmm...so now I have to rethink my future purchase. I was all down with the Hasty-Bake, but now I have to toss this one into the equation. From a penny pincher's view the Hasty-Bake equates to around $1.74 per sq. inch of cooking space versus the approximate $2.75/sq. in. for Dave's kamado. I guess I will withhold any judgments one way or the other until after more reviews come in on this new kamado.

The one thing that came to my mind was the cooking space with the SnS in place on the kamado, it doesn't provide me any more space than what I already have with the 22.5" kettle and the hovergrill. So then the little devil on the other shoulder is saying, but it is a really good price for a 22.5" kamado. Then some other devil jumps in and says, but it is the same price as Weber Summit Charcoal grill and the WSC is 24.5" and you don't have to worry about it breaking if the little grandmonsters get out of control and knock it over. Sigh...

I'm going back to sleep as I think I just had a bad MCS dream.

Comment

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think Dave, who has been working on this for a while, is on the right track to coming up with the perfect grilling/smoking cooker. Having said that, I'm sure there are going to be future iterations and sizes offered. I'm with you on this Craigar, I'm not sure that this is really enough cooking surface bang for the buck. I'll continue to watch with interest, I'm not yet sold.

JoeSousa Tell your wife the tires still hold air and you'll put a roll of duct tape in the glove compartment. The Kamado is for the baby, s/he needs to learn how to cook and you need to spend some time with it so you can show her/him how, 18 years should be enough, eh? Now the trick is, and this is very important, you must say it with a straight face and in all seriousness, because if you don't she'll laugh at you. Probably going to laugh at you anyway....

Comment

• Murdy
                  Murdy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's right. "Tread" is overrated, and babies need far less than we typically give them.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here