Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BGE Adjustable Rig Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BGE Adjustable Rig Assembly

I have a large BGE and am considering purchasing a Large Adjustable Rig R&B Combo Assembly from the Ceramic Grill Store. I currently just use a plate setter and have had pretty good luck with it. I'm wondering if this is a good idea or am I just wasting my money. Any feedback would help.

I have both the Rig and the Woo with extenders. I would say they are luxury items that make cooking easier and expand cooking capacity. If you can tell me what you want to accomplish when cooking I think I could better advise you.

Comment

• BBQPaddy
      BBQPaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm cooking more and more on my BGE. I also have a WSM that I use mainly for brisket and pork butts. I'm trying to get more versatile on my BGE. Possibly cicken wings and smaller larger quantity cooks. Ipretty much use my Egg for grilling steaks and roasting meats. I have made Paella on it too. Do you think the rig would be an asset to where I'm heading? Thanks

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      BBQPaddy If you want to cook different types of food like meat and vegetables on the same set up or like to cook multiple wracks of ribs (up to four) flat then I think the Rig would be my choice. It also would help reverse sear steaks. However, if you are just going to stick to roasting sandman slow cooking meat I would go with the Woo and extender.

I don't have the Ceramic Grill store model, but I do have the EGGspader. I love using it. It really ups your capacity and it makes it really nice to be able to pull everything out of the EGG in one motion.

Here is a write up I did on my EGGspander, in case you are curious.

Comment

• BBQPaddy
      BBQPaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

I have the CGS adjustable rig and I love it. I got it after I broke two platesetters, and found that having the flexibility to add layers of grill grates is great. No need to worry about putting the drip pan right on the plate setter, it's easy to put a drip pan on a bottom level and the meat above it. I put the BGE grill on top of the rig and it raises the pizza stone to get more reflected heat from the dome.

It would be nice to be able to pull the hot diffuser out with the stack like the new EGGspander, but the CGS option of an elongated diffuser is an option I plan to exercise soon, since I've overcooked the ends of too many baguettes. I also frequently do raised direct chicken thighs on the middle levels.

I also plan to get the half-stone holder, so that I can grill direct on the bottom layer then put the food above the half-stone to finish cooking. It's about as close to a 2-zone setup as you can get on a BGE.

Comment

• BBQPaddy
      BBQPaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the idea of the half stone as well.

BBQPaddy Let us know what you decided and how it worked out for you. Are there any other considerations in your decision?

Comment

• BBQPaddy
      BBQPaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I will. Still in the deciding stage.Thanks

Looks neat to me. Adding more wood will be easier, just lift everything up in one go and have a helper toss more chunks in. Keeping drip pans off the heat plate would be nice. Gives you additional grill grate surface area. Can get grates closer to the coals for high heat direct cooking. Don’t really see a negative here.

Comment

• BBQPaddy
      BBQPaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the input. I'm pretty much in agreement with what you're saying.

Late to the party here, but I have a CGS AR with bib shelves, plus the half stone and half grate. The half stone and grate are excellent but can limit access on the bottom grate. I love the rib shelves on the sliders so you can easily remove the whole rig and swap shelves. With that set-up I can easily do 6 racks flat.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here