Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have grill grates for Primo XL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have grill grates for Primo XL?

Thinking of getting some. If you do what configuration do you have? Any pics?

So for half coverage it's $240?

GrillGrates for the Primo Oval XL
    New Design Offers More Coverage For Bigger Grills and More Versatility
    Four 17.375" X 5.25" GrillGrates Cut to Fit The Oval Shaped Primo
    Divide & Conquer Your Large Charcoal Grill With THREE Use Options:
    • All Four Panels= Full Coverage
    • One Outer Panel and One Center Panel= Half Coverage
    • Two Outer Panels And One Center Panel= For Use On The Heat Deflector/Drip Pan Rack (Super Hot Searing)

Includes the GrateTool and User Guide

Price: $119.99

Comment

I waited until they had a factory second sale. I don't know if that would work for you. They never come off the gas grill now. Love them!
      I did have to buy the accessories at full price but still saved a good percentage.

Comment

johnsteen Do they have sales like that often? I paid $500 for my primo the stand and controller so it seems a little crazy to pay $500 for a full set if grill grates. Although a half set is probably what I want. Still seems expensive.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          That would be a lot more reasonable.

• johnsteen
          johnsteen commented
          Editing a comment
          I am on their news feed. Send emails on updates. Seems like it was about six months ago.
          Just went through email history. Must have deleted it.
          Heck, you might ask them if they have any seconds. Couldn't hurt.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I might do that. I asked them to clarify the price. When they respond I'll inquire about seconds.

Why would you do that? GrillGrates are designed for gas grills that by design can't get hot enough at the grate level. I have a Primo XL and have no need for them. To be fair, I bought a set a few years ago for my gas grill. While they worked well they were a total pain to clean. So I ditched them. I now use a charcoal grill anytime I am cooking steaks.

Comment

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          I see no benefit on a charcoal grill. I got them for the pk360, used them a few times and never again.

Charcoal gets plenty hot so I use the thin grates or no grates (skewers - no grill marks=even sear).

Seems like a solution in search of a problem. I do high heat direct grilling frequently because carne Asada night is a thing here (Central American style strip/flank steak, AKA "churrasco"). Flare ups? Choke down the lower damper until the fire just can’t sustain itself. And remember to burp the lid OR ELSE (I moved the Primo table AWAY from the tiki hut because fire hazard). It works like a PBC with a bed of blazing hot coals but not enough air for a flame.

If I want super hot searing (and unleashing the thing to warp 10 until the gasket is reaching its limits isn’t hot enough) then I put a cast iron griddle on the heat plate racks. Then unleash the beast.

Also I replaced the seal on my less than 1 year old Primo. Because I sort of melted the original one. Also the seal slipped off the back of the lid. My lid gave me trouble and needed adjustment.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here