Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze Aluminum Kamado. Anyone have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaze Aluminum Kamado. Anyone have one?

I just found these on the inter web. All Cast Aluminum body. They look well built in every aspect but I wonder what they look like in person. At first I thought, PK was making it, but its not the case. Check out the video from the link below. Its pretty ridiculous. They are playing to the "ceramics are too Fragile" crowd on this one!! All I gotta say is Tannerite. These guys are like a Redneck version of Max Good!!

You know, I had this incredible urge to shoot my ceramic Kamado just the other day. I'm glad I watched the video as I can't afford to buy another one right now.

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Roflmao!

Those guys with Blaze are a fun group. I like their gassers. Haven't tested the aluminum kamado yet, but the concept is appealing.

Comment

I bet the outside of that thing gets HOT!!! It looks like the best Kamado for anyone in the military that has to deal with "lowest bidder" moving companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Good View Post
        Those guys with Blaze are a fun group. I like their gassers. Haven't tested the aluminum kamado yet, but the concept is appealing.
        Are you gonna work that Tannerite test into your SOP for reviewing products? Hehehehe

Comment

I gotta admit I really want one of these. Not sure why. But I do.

One limitation for this cooker is the fact it's made of aluminum. Kamados can easily exceed melting temps for Aluminum. My guess is the top vent has been engineered so that it won't allow enough airflow to reach aluminum melting temps... but if they haven't... oh boy would that be a fun test to watch!

Comment

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow. You can get a kamado to 1221 degrees farenheit?

• billg71
            billg71 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thunder77, you can get a kamado hotter than that. There's a thread over on the KK forum where Dennis posted a picture of one that got hot enough to seriously warp a stainless charcoal basket, guesstimated at over 1400 F.

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
          I gotta admit I really want one of these. Not sure why. But I do.

One limitation for this cooker is the fact it's made of aluminum. Kamados can easily exceed melting temps for Aluminum. My guess is the top vent has been engineered so that it won't allow enough airflow to reach aluminum melting temps... but if they haven't... oh boy would that be a fun test to watch!
          I with you boss. I've never had mine that high but I know it could do it. Your right, that would make a killer review video.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post

I with you boss. I've never had mine that high but I know it could do it. Your right, that would make a killer review video.
            I've never had mine that high either. I just don't see the point.

Comment

ok, so you can shoot the aluminum one full of holes. Still ain't gonna work too good is it? Don't plan on cooking with tannerite either. Contemptible advertising line imho.

Comment

Spinaker, thanks for the fun tonight. I laughed like crazy at the video. I think you are trying to get me in trouble with MCS!

Comment

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I knew you guys would like this one

I can only wonder how they interviewed daycare providers!

Comment

"Really the best way to test the durability of any product is to shoot a high powered pistol...directly into the chassis of the product." Smh. Never mind cooking with it.

Comment

I really want one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by jgjeske1 View Post
                      I really want one of those.
                      Once you got the itch, you know you gotta scratch.

Comment

Lol. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here