Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I or should I not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I or should I not?

A local fireplace shop is going out of business. Taking advantage and getting a propane fire table. Looking at a Louisiana Grills 22” Kamado for under $600.

Ok, I’ve been lusting for one since I saw my first big green egg. What’s the consensus? Should I jump on it or wait. Course I’ll have to figure out WHERE to keep it. But I think my two Webers won’t be “too” jealous of a newcomer.

Your talking to the biggest bunch of enablers on the face a the earth here so, of course, don't delay....go get it!!!!

Comment

If you're asking about it on here, then you already know the answer.

Seriously, when you find a deal like that you just need to do it.

Comment

Go buy it….I’m sure someone will keep it for you in the mean time since you will be searching for a place of your own

Comment

You just need to be able to show this tread to your wife so you can justify it, don't you?

Comment

• Andrrr
            Andrrr commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly! I mean, yeah, this is a great deal and you should do it....

You already know the answer, you're just looking for justification and judging by the prior comments you're getting that here! Try to find anything else like that for under $600 and you'll realize that's a steal. Get that SOB and post your cooks here!

On second thought, look at the Grilla Grillz Kong for $730. I might go that rout
          Last edited by Andrrr; November 1, 2022, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I know nothing about Louisiana Grills kamado, but love cooking on my two Kamado Joes. Kamado cooking is a little different than other cookers. It won’t take you any time at all to master it. You’ll love the food, enjoy the ability to get very stable temperatures, and how little charcoal they use.

Comment

Atalanta we see you. We feel you. You are justified. Now go forth and scratch that MCS itch!

Comment

Costco use to sell the Louisiana 24 for less than 400.00 dollars. The cooking area is closer to 22 and have no rotisserie that fits. The cooking area is small when using the diffuser plate. It will take 2 people to assemble and is heavy. The bright side it can produce great Q!. My other tools include...Traeger pellet, KBQ , Weber 22 w/ SNS, Smokey Joe and Weber genesis.
                My complaint would be lack of accessories and difficulty to maintain temp in windy areas. Just my opinion.

Comment

This is a rhetorical question, right?

Comment

Or wait? For what? Someone else to snap up that deal? Go. Buy yourself a kamado. Post pictures of your cooks.

Comment

When someone asks this question here, their mind is typically made up. . Hope you enjoy your new cooker. Send pics...

Comment

The price is a bargain! Large size than a BGE. But, as Timbo54 noted lack of accessories, and what is the warranty like. I have cooked on a BGE for 13 years now, they have replaced parts twice now with no questions asked. When it comes to a ceramic cooker the warranty is an import piece to factor in when considering cost. The BGE warranty is good for my lifetime. The younger you are the more valuable the warranty is unless the cooker is just a fad.

Comment

Permission granted!

Comment

Well, Did ya get it?

Comment

• Andrrr
                              Andrrr commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I know, what's taking so long???😉

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here