Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Substitute for plate setter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Substitute for plate setter?

My 7 year old plate setter just busted in half. Looking for a replacement that ideally isn't $140. Any options? I do have a pizza stone I could use as a substitute but no way to suspend it over the fire while still using the grate for the food.

Go to Ceramicgrillstore.com for a number of alternatives.

Comment

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on the Ceramic Grill Store. A great place to get accessories that fit and work very well.
      https://ceramicgrillstore.com/

Not sure if this would work, but its kind of a cool idea.

https://smokeware.com/products/plate...ant=1173132975

Cast iron?

Comment

There are a number of cheap options here.
      https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Plate+set...f=nb_sb_noss_2

Comment

Great suggestions. Didn't know about the cast iron one. But darn it if the XL model isn't sold out everywhere.

Comment

+1 for the Ceramic Grill Store. I use a woo and a round stone for indirect cooks. You can use the woo to cook raised direct or you can put a smaller grid in the lower ring to get the food close to the coals. Very flexible setup.

Comment

Originally posted by BGWolf View Post
            +1 for the Ceramic Grill Store. I use a woo and a round stone for indirect cooks. You can use the woo to cook raised direct or you can put a smaller grid in the lower ring to get the food close to the coals. Very flexible setup.
            Ha....I have a CGS 3 leg spider and I never considered I could use it for indirect. I may not even need the woo ring but I really like the idea of the handles. CGS is awesome. I have their angl-l brackets and wok which I have made better stir fry than chinese joints. Might have to grab a smaller cast iron grate for the bottom of the spider as well.

Comment

Good advice above. In my medium I use a spider and a pizza stone. That gives me enough room I can get two layers.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis