Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnS Travel Kettle Unboxing - Should I be Concerned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnS Travel Kettle Unboxing - Should I be Concerned?

I finally got around to unboxing my SnS Travel Kettle with plans to asseme jt and install a gasket on the lid.

When I flipped the bottom bowl over to start the assembly I noticed a number of pimple like imperfections in the finish. My concern is that with heating and cooling over time the ceramic coating will become compromised and the bare metal will start to rust.

I reached out to SnS Grills with my concern & the same photos but have not heard back.

Have any other SnS owners run into this issue? If so did you contact SnS? I would be interested to know what they said.
    Attached Files

Mine had a couple of those but not that many. I had a little nick on the edge of the rim of the bowl and I sent them a pic just to Make them aware but ultimately just used my kamado touch up paint to cover the exposed metal. Not that they weren’t willing to help, I didn’t ask for anything specific. I’m sure if I had a different solution in mind they would’ve helped me.

Comment

• efincoop
      efincoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know. Thank you.

This is the response I received to my email
    Thank you for making us aware of this issue. We will use this documentation for reference. If a problem arises please let us know.

Enjoy your SNS Travel Kettle

Comment

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      That's reasonable. As long as they back up the product if it does fail, cool.

If I seen that on mine I probably would ignore it as simply how the coating or paint dried, but that's me. I think your'e ok.

Comment

If it gets worse those folks will stand behind it. No questions. Great group.

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging words! It's assembled and ready to go!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here