Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PK360 VS WSCG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the WSCGC and a PKTX (trying my hand at SCA this fall) as well; it isn't apples to apples, but the shape and concept is similar to a 360.

I may add the 360 to the grilling area that will be built w/our new house in 2021, mainly b/c I think they look cool and PKs cook well.

I have to say the WSCGC is the best grill I own - two 22in Kettles (MT and Red Limited), PKTX, Lodge Camp Grill, PBC, Napoleon Prestige Pro 500.

It is also the best grill I have cooked on period, including BGEs, Akorns, KJs, Primos, and other Weber gassers...still want to try M and Hasty Bake for a more robust experience.

If I'm being honest, the TX hasn't been a game changer for me over a 22in Kettle or WSCGC for how a SCA type steak is cooked...although I am still on the learning curve w/this style/design/materials/coal amount.

PK TX and 360's advantage is they are vastly more portable and efficent to break down/set up than the WSCG(C) or a Kettle for contest cooking...unless you're hauling a trailer.

If you're looking to cook at home and only have one cooker that mostly stays there, you can't do better for the money than a WSCGC, IMO.
    Last edited by JohnCuster; September 7, 2020, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Alrighty!

Mate what a week. So after some stuff around from Weber, (a week after I bought the thing they told me there was no stock arriving until the start of October) I ended up with a discounted floor model with a bunch of extras thrown in.

I wheeled it through the door this arvo and had it cranked and ready to go within the hour.

Decided to try some St Louis style pork ribs to baptise it, super happy with the results. The WSCS held temp like a champ, couple of drops in temp throughout the cook, but that was mostly from me being overly fiddling and adjusting/looking. The ribs were on from 12-7 (Memphis dust and bbq sauce) and I still have probably 1/4 - 1/2 briquettes left over.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DCD4CC01-3B12-45D2-BF1E-7FB10B494F41.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.35 MB ID:	906941

Click image for larger version  Name:	120E47CD-51F0-4060-BF55-3D933707DDCC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.17 MB ID:	906942

Click image for larger version  Name:	C553BF53-2B57-4D19-9CE0-ED60BEACD4D0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.52 MB ID:	906945

Click image for larger version  Name:	5E6C6BBE-57B1-4D99-80FD-5F78E5B447E5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.01 MB ID:	906946

Click image for larger version  Name:	8726B3EB-58F2-4F67-AE5C-34AED07D8FE8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.85 MB ID:	906944

Click image for larger version  Name:	87FE8E26-8DC1-4632-B25F-B1D60CE6C4CB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.94 MB ID:	906943

Comment

• surfdog
        surfdog commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a fine choice! I know I love mine.
        Nice first cook on it as well.

Oh so pretty, the WSCG and the ribs too. Congrats on a heckuva first cook!

Sounds like you got a good deal on the Summit. Congrats.

Kathryn

Comment

Welcome to the club, Brother!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here