Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New PKGo Grill coming in October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can always tell her that we asked you to do a test for all of us.

Comment

I see there is a good review on the free side and PK has custom GrillGrates available now.

(Posted from my phone)

Comment

I recieved the PKGO this past Friday, here is a quick review. It arrive packaged very well. The flip kit and grills where bubble wrapped, tied together with thick zip ties, then shrink wrapped together in heavy duty plastic and placed in the cooking chamber. It was actually kind of a pain in the a$$ to get it unpacked. The charcoal grates are enameled and the cooking grates are cast iron and have a rough sand paper feel to them. As long as you keep them seasoned and don't let them rust, the grates are thick enough to last for many years. The vents open and close no problem and you can even sweep the ash out of the bottom vent if you choose to but it seems like it would be easier to just take the top off then dump the ashes out. The probe port is kind of cool I used it a couple times to check temps inside. Everything is metal so it should last the 20 year warranty. The only thing that might break would be the bottom vent doors and only because they are on hinges but they seem solid enough. It was 21F outside with a strong wind when I tested the grill. I was still able to get the temps up to well over 500F with the lid closed and the vents fully opened using a little less than a half chimney of regular charcoal. One hour later it was still holding a temps between 360 and 425(I did the test twice). I couldn't use the flip kit because it was way too cold and windy to do any kind of open fire cooking but I could see using it that way on a nice day to grill a bunch of wings. While it is a little pricey you shouldn't need to ever replace it unless you just like buying new grills. The only downside to this grill might be that it is small but that is the whole reason to buy this grill because it is small. Click image for larger version

Name:	PKGO1.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	572.2 KB
ID:	1000450

Comment

Just ordered my PKGO grill, I'll update this thread with a review once I have it. I often am going over to friends' places to cook and sometimes I don't want to bring my Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5. Hopefully, it comes soon, I'm really excited for another summer of BBQ.

Comment

Got one off of Craig's List. yesterday While rarely go on, discovered a person selling unopened PKGO for hefty discount. Didn't need it, but too good of a bargain to pass up. Seller had received it as a gift. I can echo the amount of work to unbox all the items wrapped in heavy shrinkwrap vinyl. Literally took more than a half hour just to unpack it.

Comment

Love mine...but a warning...in flipkit mode, gets stupid hot.... I went Chernobyl on a folding plastic table I've used for years both with a Jumbo Joe and PKGO in "normal" lidded mode. Be very careful what you use this on!
              Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                wow!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here