Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PK Grills Vintage Cookbook & User Manual Yellow Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PK Grills Vintage Cookbook & User Manual Yellow Cover

Found a 30 page vintage PK instruction manual & cookbook. This one appears to be older than the white book that PK posted on their website. I scanned it in PDF format so you can download it in this post. I contacted PK first and they gave permission. Looks like it may have been included when you bought a new grill, or as an additional 30 cent option LOL.

The instructions most likely apply to the modern "classic" unit size of 310 inches (which at the time applied to the 700, 800 & 1800 series.) I think the 1800 was the square executive with the same overall cooking size as the others. The Presidential Model that's mentioned was the 1200 series and was around 416 inches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_118934.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	868861

[ATTACH]n869346[/ATTACH]

Last edited by Larry Grover; June 25, 2020, 09:59 AM.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thats a nice find and a great piece of history. I have always had an affinity for PK grills. My daughter bought me mine. She seen a picture of her grandfather cooking on one at Udorn Air Base in Thailand during the Vietnam War. It must have made an impression on her. She walked into a grill store in Coral Springs Fl and BS'd with the owner who cut her a good deal on a PK original which she gave to me almost 10 years ago. It has been well used.

Comment

"The greatest thing for informal cooking since the discovery of charcoal!" LoL!

Comment

Got the green light from PK to post the book so I updated the main post and put the file there.
          Last edited by Larry Grover; June 25, 2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• tiewunon
            tiewunon commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for sharing with us.

Thank you so much for this, I love reading vintage manuals.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here