Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decoration Day cook on a PK360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decoration Day cook on a PK360

Cooked a small boneless pork butt and sausage on Decoration Day. What a nice afternoon spent with my oldest son cooking on the PK.

Small boneless pork butt rubbed with Dizzy Pig. Cooking using B&B briquettes and adding some pecan, oak, and cherry splinters from time to time:

Click image for larger version

Name:	butt on.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	852289

Stalled and ready to wrap. Added some B&B Charlogs to carry the cook through:

Name:	about to wrap.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	852287

About done and the photo of my son shows how much fun we had.

Name:	Macie is ready.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	852288

The Finish - pulled pork with vinegar sauce, green onion sausage, Conecuh sausage, and purple slaw. Some other sides didn't make the photo shoot!

Name:	The finish.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	852290

Nice! You also have a nice wood stockpile.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      It always fun when the "children" get involved.

• Alphonse
      Alphonse commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, got wood! That is only one of my stacks!

Looks like a great family day, food looks right tasty, as well...
    Nicely Done, Brother!

Comment

I’d eat it,,,,,,all of it !!!!!

Comment

That's a good day.

Comment

Beautiful and the food too. Looks delicious. What is green onion and Conecuh sausage? I'm always looking for new sausage recipes.

Comment

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            Conecuh is the brand name of an amazing sausage from Alabama. Not sure about the green onion, though.

• TripleB
            TripleB commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks

I was recently introduced to Conecuh Sausage and have become fan. Hard to find around here and was surprised the military Comissary carries it.

Comment

Here's a link to Conecuh Sausage. They are growing and their distribution is much larger than I knew.

Use our store locator to find the nearest stores and locations that carry our delicious Conecuh Sausage products.

Rouse's Green Onion sausage is a house brand. Rouse's is a family owned business that started in south Louisiana and is famous regionally for it's Cajun flair and fare. They have been expanding on the Gulf Coast and are quite successful. We are fortunate enough to have two of them within 10 minutes of our house. Naturally, you can also buy Conecuh sausage at Rouse's.

Comment

• au4stree
              au4stree commented
              Editing a comment
              Imagine my surprise when a couple buddies of mine went to the Rose bowl to watch my alma mater choke on the biggest stage in Jan of 2014 when we entered the alumni tent to find conecuh sausage on the menu. They really do know how to treat us. War Eagle!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here