Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insulate or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insulate or not??

Hey PK owners, Just wondering if any of you have tried insulating the cooker for ultra cold day cooks? If so , how? and if not , why not,.... Not necessary ? Don't cook in extreem cold? Of course this issue would only apply to Ln'S cooks as hot and fast grilling wouldn't be an issue. Just curious!

No need. I’ve seen a number of posts with the PKs cooking through snowstorms and cold with no issues. My experience thus far is similar.
    Last edited by STEbbq; January 22, 2023, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Rain is worse on cookers.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds about right.
        No Traegering in the rain, not for me.

I have cooked on my old and my new PK in severe cold. It works perfectly fine, no need for insulation.

One thing that does help though is to keep your charcoal/briquettes warm and dry. I keep mine next to the heater in the basement.

Might seem obvious, but it really helps to get the fire started easily on cold days.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here