Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth it?

https://ventura.craigslist.org/for/d...578124763.html
    I know nothing about pk. I've got a weber kettle, an sns, a weber gasser, and a Blackstone.
    Should I bite?
    (Ps...she's on board with my next two guitar purchases)

With no stand, I'd have to pass even though I'm in Texas and apparently people in Texas use this grill.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s true! I’ve got 6 of em.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John Come back when you have 7 PKs, rookie

PK grills are great. A new PKTX on their website is $599.99 - $60 off = $539.99 (out of stock) and the stand by itself is $189.99. It is also missing the upper grate in the picture. I would buy a stainless grate - $84.99, but the regular grate is $49.99. You would have to decide for yourself if a used PK grill with a new stand and grate is worth the savings over a new one.

Here is AR's review of the PK Grill: https://amazingribs.com/grill-tailga...-grill-review/

Comment

You already have a Weber Charcoal,. not that much difference. I have a PK they are great.

Comment

What kind of guitars???

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          McFlyfi Interested on how to get wives on board with another guitar purchase. Advice appreciated.

• DaveD
          DaveD commented
          Editing a comment
          My first bass was also an acoustic model, but I gave up on it and went for a straightforward P-bass. I found that it wasn't audible enough without being amplified, and if I'm gonna amp it I may as well get an electric bass. I also found it uncomfortable eventually, the body was very deep, I felt like I was hunching over just to play it. Much prefer the playability of electric. Hope you like yours, and don't have that issue.

• McFlyfi
          McFlyfi commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee Been laying the groundwork for two years. I'm retiring in May, and creating a guitar collection is part of my plan. On a random weekend, we go and do some kind of window shopping. Make sure there is a music store nearby. Go in, ooh and ahh over various makes and models. Make sure you tell the guy working there about your "collection" plans. Show her the Reverb and Craigslist listing of the models you like, and tell her, "This is my next guitar". Kinda the Ralphie from Xmas Story plan.

It is a great smoker but your savings are pretty much minimal over buying new if you need the stand and grate. I would be more interested at $75-$100.

Comment

This would be cool if you were doing a build-in situation.

Comment

I don't see the TX stand or the grill grate. So if you paid $200 for the grill and purchased the TX stand and grill grate, your still around $200 savings from buying new.

My PKTX is strictly for tailgating, using at other people's houses, the park, etc. Much easier to pack and travel than a Weber.

Comment

I think I'm gonna pass.
              I don't "need" another grill. But as we all know, the answer to the question of how many guitars do you need is "Just one more"!

Comment

Originally posted by McFlyfi View Post
                But as we all know, the answer to the question of how many guitars do you need is "Just one more"!
                Absolutely right. It is a proven scientific fact.

Click image for larger version

Name:	guitarelativity.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1363604

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here