Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25 mph winds? Upper 30s? Always a good day for the PK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 mph winds? Upper 30s? Always a good day for the PK

The truth is I’m cooking off some items this afternoon before the big winds hit tonight, with gusts expected up to 60 mph. Wish us luck.
    Attached Files

Grilling in any weather is fun.

Wait...There are areas where the trees are still green?!?

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah!!!!....I was gunna say.
      I haven't seen a leaf on a tree in a good 2-3 months.

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know, seems kind of unnatural to me. Strange things goin' on out there.

• Goldenbear
      Goldenbear commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha. Perennial shrubs (mostly azaleas) and California redwoods (evergreen). 😊

What's on top of the chimney, and, whatta ya cookin' ?
    Good luck with the storm!

Comment

• Goldenbear
      Goldenbear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

I put some sections of the grill grates from my old Weber kettle on top of the chimney when lighting lump to contain any runaway sparks. Just a basic tri tip cook, then some chicken.

Hatches are battened!

it was -2 Fahrenheit with sustained 20mph winds gusting over 40 last weekend when I did some ribs. I'd assume you're doing it with a margarita nearby?

Comment

• Goldenbear
      Goldenbear commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s awesome!!

I did sip a nice hazy IPA, but have now moved on to a crisp Manhattan, by the fire. (I’m off this week…don’t judge 😊.)

You should of waited a little. Now we are in the 60s. 🤣 But I guess the rain is rolling in, in about 2 hours.

Comment

• Goldenbear
      Goldenbear commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed. The wind is howling!

It's not the temp, or the wind, or even the snow that keeps filling up my patio that keeps me from cooking outside lately. It's the getting dark at 4:30 that encourages me to use the IR grill inside.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will second that thought. These are the dog days for us in the upper Midwest. Now it the countdown to spring. A long countdown….

Hope you weathered the storm and all is well.

Comment

• Goldenbear
      Goldenbear commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciated. 23 years here and this was amongst the worst. Several downed branches, but can’t complain at all. Many without power, though we were not effected.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here