Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOT Air flow tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOT Air flow tubes

To all you PK 360 owners, The black plastic/rubber grips on the adjustable air tubes get very hot and slip and spin around the tube! Is this a common minor flaw or does it mean some sort of adhesive is defective and should be addressed? Grill is new cooked about 4 times so far!
    Thanks in advance.

Mine get warm but have never had them slip.

Are you sure that the internal heat shield plates are above the air inlets on the inside. If those are not there, you would get a huge amount of radiant heat hitting the tubes.

Comment

Yes, everything is in place. I'm guessing poor adhesive. It doesn't really have a huge impact. I can still tell when the tubes are open or closed. Just thought others might have a similar experience!
      Thanks.

Comment

Never had that issue. The rubber grips have slipped a tad over the years, but nothing like you've described.

Comment

Yes its happened to me. Only on the right hand tube where the fire is. Once it has cooled down it fix's fast again. Must be some issues with the thermal properties of the adessive.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here