Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Little More" cook grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Little More" cook grid

I'm thinking of buying the PK little more (extension) grid, or the full-length version. I thought I read somewhere that the quality of the grid is not a good as the standard food grate. Has anyone had issues with the extender grates? Has anyone found an alternative that works as well? would really like to raise cooking height of the grill especially for pizza stones and the like. Thanks!

I use both of mine, no problems with either. However, I replaced the regular cooking grate with the stainless one after a year due to rust issues.

I use the Little More grate a lot more often than the full length grate and so far it has held up fine.

Comment

I have both. No issues. And the quality is not sub standard.

Comment

Depends on what you mean. If you expect the extension grate to be the same thickness as the main grate, it's not. But it doesn't need to be. I have both sizes of the extension grate and they have served well for years.

I stood the extension grate on its side over the main grate for comparison. It's actually the stainless replacement grate, which I think is a little thicker than the original.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1999.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	1212980

Comment

I have both but since I usually split the hot coals to one side I end up using the little more to stack food on the cool side when I smoke.

Comment

Thanks! Everyone!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here