Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading PK360 Wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading PK360 Wheels?

Would it be possible to upgrade the PK360 wheels to 4 4” or 5” casters? It would add another inch of two of lift too.

The other alternative would be putting it in a utility cart I guess.

I never move mine. Though it has wheels, it is a stationary grill. I guess you could do that, but just level it on the other end.

Comment

• IFindZeroBadCooks
      IFindZeroBadCooks commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing physically preventing it from being an easy upgrade?

There are only two wheels, they are on the left side. The right side has feet like your washing machine comes with. I tilted mine back and took a picture. Let me know if you have any questions or need a close up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4603 (1).jpg
Views:	100
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	1085034

Comment

• IFindZeroBadCooks
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, looks like some careful research would be needed but since all four wheels / stands look to be removable , we could probably find something that fits. Good stuff and thanks for the pic.

It’s a bit tippy so mounting it to a wider metal baseplate/cart with bigger wheels would be the way to go if you had to move it a lot. Mine stays put. It’s just a bit too big to take places when I also have a PKO that will work.

Comment

It actually moves quite nicely on concrete, as long as you are staying on that you really have no reason to make a change, If you are looking to get across rough terrain, bear in mind it easily comes apart. The top lifts right off, the bottom lifts off the base. Then move the base to where you want, set the bottom on, then the top. Remember, the P in PK is portable!

Comment

• Polarbear777
        Polarbear777 commented
        Editing a comment
        To move over long distances or terrain, I carry it in three parts , stand, top capsule and lower capsule.

Moving it in and out of the garage to the driveway is the use case as I am worried about plastic wheels. Apparently I am tough on wheels as they even fell off the MB560..though maybe I didn’t tighten them enough the first time. Basically, I really like 4 wheels.
      Last edited by IFindZeroBadCooks; August 29, 2021, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I’ve seen the wheel mod before, seems like a frequent poster on the PK FB group did it. I’m not on FB anymore, but a search there might yield results.

Comment

• IFindZeroBadCooks
          Editing a comment
          It is funny you mentioned that as I just was accepted to the group and found a number of easy wheel mods. Alright so this one is definitely doable.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo