Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PK Original Has Been Upgraded, Redesignated PK300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PK Original Has Been Upgraded, Redesignated PK300

In addition to the one in the video there will apparently be a collaboration version with Aaron Franklin. It will have a teal lid and a few other features.

The PK300 costs about $450.00 according to a few youtubers who already have one. It comes standard with stainless grates. Parts will not interchange with the PK-O (nor will the PK300 fit the Tailgater stand) but they will still provide parts for the PK-O.

Last edited by 58limited; August 21, 2021, 05:27 PM.

Looks nice. 2 thermo probe ports?

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the one on the back is for a standard fixed thermometer. The one on the side (which has two holes) is intended for digital thermometers such as the Fireboard. I would think that you could snake the digital thermometer probes through the back though.
      Last edited by 58limited; August 21, 2021, 05:30 PM.

Put hands on one at our local BBQ store, it was really hard not to put the box in the truck Still think if I add another charcoal grill to the lineup that it will probably be the 360, but the new 300 sure is nice especially for the price and knowing it will last virtually forever.

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought my PK-O a year and a half ago but had a tinge of buyer's remorse when I saw this. However, I chose the silver PK-O because that is what my father had when I was growing up. So, buyer's remorse was short-lived. BTW - is there anything wrong with owning two PK grills? Asking for a friend...

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      58limited if I woulda grabbed it I would have had 2 Though the PKGO is just something I play with from time to time, just so I know how to use it if we ever actually go camping

Looks nice. Borrowed some good features from the 360. Only thing lacking is the ash-hole, which does make cleaning easier. However the original is much lighter than the 360 so inverting you dump out ash isn’t that bad.

Comment

We've always loved the PK Original and now that the family is growing, there's even more to love. PK's quest to build a better mousetrap has proven successful so far and appears to be gaining momentum. Their approach has been logical and elegant in equal parts.

Comment

LMK if they are shippin any out fer Field Testtin...

Comment

Polarbear777 I always feel like this is too small and then I am always stunned at how much meat you fit on yours. In awe really.

Comment

• Polarbear777
            Polarbear777 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well the 360 is significantly larger. However getting a whole packer brisket on there is either a folding or cutting trick. If you are cooking less then at 17 lbs, the 360 does a great job. The classic or upgraded classic is just a bit smaller and is actually pretty portable. I’d call the 360 "luggable". I guess that’s why they’ll never make a 720 which would probably be perfect to sit in a backyard and not move.
            Last edited by Polarbear777; August 22, 2021, 07:53 PM.

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            You maximize the extra 60 inches for sure.

• au4stree
            au4stree commented
            Editing a comment
            Polarbear777, you hit the nail on the head. "Luggable" is a perfect description. Still a fantastic cooker though.

I messed up, I went in the local PK dealer. That new Original is super nice. I love all the new innovations, particularly the probe ports and ash covers for bottom vents. MCS is soooo strong....do they have a vaccine for it?

Comment

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Give up. You’ve already lost the battle.

Since the PKTX use the PK-O capsule on a portable (wheeled) stand, I am very interested to see if this new capsule makes its way to a new version of the PKTX.

Comment

When I went to the local bbq store to buy my PKGO, they had one of the new 300's there and I got to check it out. It's very nice and a definite improvement over the original IMO.

Comment

As soon as they make a red one I'm in. I really want a second one, but I don't really want the PKTX as I have an original.

Wait so this is made in China? In that case nope I'm out no matter what color it comes in.
              Last edited by JohnPaul; September 2, 2021, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I upgraded my original with a thermometer and drilled a hole for wire probes. Also bought the PKTX folding stand and PKGO tailgate stand. I'm 7 miles from the Rose Bowl and ready to do some tailgating for some Bruin football

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here