Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PK360 mounted to custom table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PK360 mounted to custom table?

In my quest to never be satisfied with my BBQ cooker inventory(rare form of MCS), I am exploring ways to mount my PK360 to a wooden table. I envision the setup to be similar to a performer, cooker on the left, table and storage on the right.

Some of you might remember I have a great source for eastern red cedar, so naturally I want to do it in that. I think the holes in the aluminum casted handles would be perfect for doing an under mount. Putting some kind of heat resistant washer between the aluminum and wood.

So I’m putting this out there to those who are smarter than me, thoughts?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	A5B62738-9DD1-41AE-847F-9989B3E3153E.jpeg
Views:	608
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1011347

I would mount it to/through the forks, basically using the shelf slots. Long bolts with washers and loctite if you want it to stay put. Or brackets that encapsulate the forks.

I may consider doing something similar. The 360 isn’t really all that portable anyway in my opinion. :-).

just did this to my 26” kettle, so practicing. It’s pretty nice to have a huge surface surrounding the grill

Wanted some space to work around the 26”, and the legs are wobbly anyway. Not anymore. D43D8F1C-EBA6-4288-AE15-104028DDA99C.jpeg

Comment

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember seeing your post on the kettle, good work. I studied the handles a bit more, they’re partially plastic or some other material, ie not part of the cast aluminum. So your idea of using the forks is probably the right call.

I’m going to keep studying. Thanks for your input, I was hoping you’d chime in.

i did a similar mod when building a table for my Weber performer and used the factory bolt holes and threaded through the bottom in to nutserts installed in the new table base board. i then tiled and grouted the board. it worked out quite well, actually. you could also look at your local metal supply in the scrap section if they have it. you can likely pick up some metal sheet that you can trim to shape as a heat shield. just my wheels turning at the moment. i'll probably think of something better when it's keeping me up tonight!

by the way, i'm not smarter than anyone. i just tool on a lot of stuff and like figuring things out.

Comment

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, your tooling around is experience that is most helpful. Thanks for the input, I’ll check out the scrap yards.

Sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing the progress. What type of shelves came with your PK360 originally?

Comment

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the black composite shelves. Given, there is nothing wrong with the current setup, but I’ve got an itch to see if I can make it work.

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well if you mount with bolts through the aluminum forks, it’s easily reversible.

I guess once you build the table you are invested.

PK360 Mounted to a wood table, I don't think so. You may want to talk to the local Fire Marshal.
    Maybe I and overly cautious.
    Happy creative Grillinbng to You and PBR too.

Comment

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      Have no fear, I’ll make sure there is a few cup holders for my PBR’s.

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Fire Marshal can pound sand. No jurisdiction. They're regulated to buildings and construction. Now if your putting the wood mounted grill inside the house, different story.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here