Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabinet Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabinet Smoker

I do not own a cabinet smoker. I really want one and I came across a Humphreys, I think its a pint. But being that i don't know much I wanted the opinion of the better educated, what do you think? Im not married to it there is an assassin and a lonestar that i got my eye on but they are double and triple the price and much further away so if this looks like a good deal im game. BTW the guy said he just got it painted at a body shop, i don't know if that is a good or bad thing.
    thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

I wish I could help.

Comment

The outside looks good. Having it painted at an auto shop is good. I’m a bit worried about the rust inside. Since it is an insulated smoker (which I have never owned) I also wonder if because the inside is rusted if the insulation could be compromised.

Comment

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        Same concern i had. If its hust some elbow grease im game but the rust on the inside and the need for a paint job has me concerned. Thanks

Do the doors hang square with the box? Close and latch properly? Does the box flex when you push on it? If structure was compromised it would show here.
      Last edited by HawkerXP; January 18, 2020, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Looks like it has been in a humid environment, but has little use. 2 options. Take it to get sandblasted inside or buy a wire brush and have at it. After that fire and cook up some fat n water in a shallow dish. Will soon get splatterred back to a greasy looking pit.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          They probably power washed it before painting never reseasoned it.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here