Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOOKING FOR REVIEWS FOR Yoder Smokers Adjustable Charcoal Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOOKING FOR REVIEWS FOR Yoder Smokers Adjustable Charcoal Grill

LOOKING FOR SOME INSITE ON THIS GRILL ALMOST HAVE PERMISION ALSO LOOKING AT THE M-1 AT BIG PAPA SMOKERS, ANY FIRST HAND KNOWLAGE OR ONERSHIP. IM LOOKING FOR MY FOREVER COVERED GRILL PLEASE HELP

This is a review from our own Max Good for a 20" offset. https://amazingribs.com/grill-smoker...-smoker-review Here is a bunch of reviews on Facebook they are a mix of pellet and charcoal but will give you an idea of what people think. https://www.facebook.com/pg/yodersmokers/reviews/
    Last edited by mountainsmoker; August 24, 2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Your caps lock is stuck.

Comment

I looked at those and ended up going with a David Klose 20 x 42 Grill Chef Grill https://bbqpits.com/
      https://bbqpits.com/wp-content/uploa...Grill_2016.pdf

I have a YS640 and am thoroughly satisfied with it. Yoder construction is very good and customer service is great. But I didn't feel there is enough clearance with the lid closed, if I remember correctly only about 7". Plus you have to access the charcoal thru the grates. But it does look like a solid unit and the cost is reasonable I bet you would would be happy with it.

I went with the Klose because: it has much more clearance with the lid closed if you remove the top shelf, and it has a top shelf to move food further away from the coals if needed. Front access to stir and add charcoal or wood and easier clean out of ashes. Plus the heavier construction, 1/4' steel. This thing weighs 650#. I have been very happy with my decision and it cooks great.
      Carla was very helpful in the purchase process and they will give you 1 year to lay away, no interest, if you choose to. Higher cost yes but I think well worth it if you can afford it. This thing is a beast!
      Last edited by ofelles; August 24, 2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Papa Bob
        Papa Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        you SOB now I want that one!! what's a trucker to do?

• Papa Bob
        Papa Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        ust noticed were you lived did you go to the Clayton BBQ cook-off a couple weeks ago

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not go, didn't know about it.
        I feel your pain, and you're right I am a SOB. But misery loves company!

Here’s a guy who has done a review and several cooks on the Yoder flat top charcoal. Really likes it. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RJA8WvaCgksJCX

Comment

• Papa Bob
        Papa Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks amigo will check it out

• Papa Bob
        Papa Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        That was a great video thanks

Can’t speak to the flattop grill, however, I love my YS-640 and think that Yoder makes an incredible product.

Comment

Did you end up getting the Yoder Charcoal Grill? I am considering one myself and curious of your thoughts if you did. Thx.

Comment

• Papa Bob
          Papa Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          sorry this took so long holidays and life kind of got in the mix.i have not pulled the trigger yet, i got the permission from the boss now to get serious the one big hold up is the flat top it only has 7 inches head space (if only I had the same problem) but it is very alluring well made $2700.00 delivered with my options really need to figure out what i am going to do if you choose one drop me a line so i can drool over your choice

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here