Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unboxing new grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unboxing new grills

Click image for larger version  Name:	1C9BC47F-91C8-4804-85C3-406BFF5CF562.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.34 MB ID:	682665 I bought 8 new kettle grills today. The photo shows unboxing the first one. Im going to use them for (level 1) bbq classes (yes, there will be advanced classes too). I checked several suppliers (Weber, Rösle, Napoleon). But in the end I went with this no-name brand. It costs a third of the others, and I can fit an SnS in each. It’s basically a Weber clone. If they last 2 years I’m happy.

It’s gonna be fun cranking out some awesome Q on these cheap grills, to show the students (to quote Cesar Milan): "it’s not which tools you use, but how you use them" that matters.

Good times ahead! Will report back with more photos soon.

Gonna give the first one a few trial cooks at home first.

That is some cool stuff.

It sounds like a lot of fun

Good luck!

Comment

Just don't name them, you might get all attached and sentimental.

Comment

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        Let's name 'em "The Octuplets". Yeah baby. Oh behave!

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha ha! Good to see another Austin Powers fan in here!

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        You could paint one of them white, name it Snow White, and then....well, you know the rest...

Is it possible that I could slid in Level 0 to hone my skills for Level 1 ??? Do I get to take my kettle home with me at the end of the lesson??

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        For you, my man, I’ll arrange a Pitmaster’s Special Deal :-)

Have fun teaching and mentoring.

Comment

This is a super cool idea Henrik . I remember not long ago when you got the SNSs. I’m guessing these are the cookers to house said SNSs? ......Wonder what it would cost to fly to Sweden for a class? 🤔🤔🤔

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          You are correct, sir! Well, if you do decide to fly over, we'll do a one-on-one special, for free. Beers included :-)

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t forget to make a stopover in Aberdeeshire Scotland and get your discount at MeatMonster ‘s new place.

• RickyBobby
          RickyBobby commented
          Editing a comment
          Henrik Donw , Sounds great to me!!!! Time to start saving up!!!

Sell them to the students at the end of class for a profit

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Now there's a business man!

I realize it was a bit unfair to post just one picture of the grill, in the box. So, here goes:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grill-1.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	682906

Name:	Grill-2.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	682907

Name:	Grill-3.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	682908

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Grill-4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	404.1 KB ID:	682912

Click image for larger version  Name:	Grill-5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	267.5 KB ID:	682910

Click image for larger version  Name:	Grill-6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	354.4 KB ID:	682911

So, overall it 'feels' good. There are a few minor differences compared to the Weber:

1. the grates doesn't flip open to replenish fuel (for the SnS). No biggie, I could either buy a replacement, or leave it as is.
          2. The ash catcher is smaller. No big deal either, I can empty it after every cook should I have to.
          3. No ash wipers. Instead there's a concave sheet metal 'disc' to catch ashes and avoid clogging the bottom vent. We'll see how it works.

We'll see how it performs when I fire it up.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool!
            Look forward to the performance-report..

• AverageJoe
            AverageJoe commented
            Editing a comment
            Henrik you can buy the ash wipers on Weber's website for around $17us do you think that these can be modded to accept the use of them?

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Good question, probably, but I think I can do without them.

Weber clone indeed! Nice score!

Comment

Sounds like a fun new adventure. Good luck!

Comment

Very interestin kettles...

No ash wipers, I see...I do like their heat diffuser plate, though.

Those ought to be great learnin tools, fer any cook!

Comment

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                Smart man! Didn't think of that. Yep, they're missing. Also, I noticed that the lid doesn't provide a snug fit. But I'm gonna line the edge with some felt gasket anyway (for the Kamado Joe/Big Green Egg).

Ta heck with the grill ... I want to know more about your wood stove. The tile work is absolutely lovely!

Comment

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, it has been there since 1910. It is really good when it’s cold outside. And it looks nice too. We had one more, but previous owners got rid of it :-(

• IowaGirl
                IowaGirl commented
                Editing a comment
                That's unfortunate, Henrik, but I'm glad you get to enjoy the one you do have. I heat the main floor of my home with a wood stove and I enjoy that very much.

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice! Sure gives a homely feel to the house.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here