Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Char-Griller Legacy Charcoal Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Char-Griller Legacy Charcoal Grill

I am thinking of getting one of these to replace my current grill. It seems a bit bigger and much more versatile. What I like the most is that the charcoal bed can be raised and lowered with a crank, the grill grates come off in three different sections, I could easily set it up for 2 zone cooking, it's got vents on both sides, and it is on sale for about $170. Cons are the lid seal and general air tightness but I am sure that could be mitigated.

Thought?

Professional grills and smokers. Seriously hard working grills.

I have Dyna-Glo's version of this, at least very similar (even including the bottle opener). My grill is this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BQ59VTE...a-303392444844 But I got it on a stellar deal for like $86 or something crazy from Walmart. Right after my purchase it went up to $280, almost as if it was a mistake.

Anyway, it sounds like you understand going in that it's not going to be ideal for low & slow. I got mine for the adjustable charcoal grates and the large space for doing steaks, chicken & burgers. I absolutely love mine for that. I have zero intentions of ever trying to do low & slow on it. It works excellent for doing indirect quicker cooks, nice amount of space. The stove doors on the front aren't terribly useful unless I want to add a chunk of wood mid-cook. For that they're great. I usually don't wait until I'm outside to open my beer so I haven't used the bottle opener yet but it's nice to know it's there

I say do it!

Comment

I picked one of those up for a friend...
      Works great, as a grill.

Being able to raise & lower the charcoal makes it something of a "Santa Maria" style grill...but with a lid.

Heat control is a bit tricky as it leaks like a sieve. Close down the side vents and the chimney...and it’s still hot. But that is mitigated a bit by that adjustable charcoal grate. For the money...I don’t think it’s bad...for a grill. Smoking would probably be a chore...and by the time it was modified to smoke well...one could have just gone out and purchased something like a WSM.

Comment

I have this same cooker, albeit a gen or two older, an Kingsford badged... still, th same animule...

I've been delighted with mine, an staunchly advocate it as a great way to git started into th wide world of both grillin, n smokin...

Yup, yall heard me right: Smokin... I've had hundreds of successful smokes on this piece of sheet (metal), an it's still goin strong...many of these cooks have graced th pages of this forum, an been ooohed an awwwed over...

That bein said, I sure as Hail wouldn't pay no $209 fer one; they were like $86 at Wally, but I think they been discontinued...

Mine was given to me, when a neighbour got a new gas grill, an, well, it had a few screws loose, or missin...my mechanic Son rescued me, with some 6mm bolts that were surplus from a Toyota he had been scrappin out...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	iPod Touch 253.JPG
Views:	3153
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	576364

Click image for larger version

Name:	iPod Touch 255.JPG
Views:	3153
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	576365

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I see that electric bullet. That is the rig my mom got for me, back in the day. My very first smoker. Hahaha. I grew to hate that SOB. It would always electrocute me when I playing around with it. LOL

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, Brother!
          A lot of us, from what I've read, went through our Brinkmann Bullet smoker phase...

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here