Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever had 1 to many beers and bought something online.....I did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever had 1 to many beers and bought something online.....I did

So I made a purchase that I probably never would have if I were sober. I bought the Nomad grill/smoker. It didn't register until I received the shipping email. Now that I have it...I might as well share the info...and answer any questions that any of you may have. I will say that it is solidly constructed and it cooks very well....I just can't recommend it because of the price...If you can afford it..then it is a very versatile cooker. I had a trial run today and here is what I can share.

I cooked a tri-tip..reverse sear...no problem maintaining 250 degrees for a low and slow cook. Then I cooked some chicken breast, sausages, and burger to test the grilling....again the unit performed like a champ. outside temps remained fairly cool.

Let me know your questions and I will try to answer...thinking about a pork butt next week.
    Attached Files

More times than I care to admit.
    Last edited by Steve R.; May 14, 2022, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Questions? What brand of beer was it? I could use a few things, myself.

i just watched their promo video. It looks like fun.
      Last edited by tbob4; May 14, 2022, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• AnoHito
        AnoHito commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing fancy...just some Budweiser and maybe a Blue Moon or two. It really is a nice piece of BBQ equipment...I just had to give up Father's day, an Anniversary, and a Birthday to get it...LOL

• Alan Brice
        Alan Brice commented
        Editing a comment
        Bud is fancy enough for me! I like the grill/smoker n have been eyeing it for a bit. Glad you are enjoying it.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Like it matters. 🕶

I love that blue-gray color scheme.

If I finally ventured far enough to hunt and have to camp, that dude would come in handy.

Did you buy one outright or finance a baker's dozen??

Comment

• AnoHito
        AnoHito commented
        Editing a comment
        I took the interest free 4 payment route

Dang. $600 bucks for a glorified hibachi. Drunk me's bought a lot of stuff, but I don't think I could drink *that* much beer.

I mean, it's pretty cool, but that's a hard ask.

Comment

• AnoHito
        AnoHito commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang. Thanks for keeping the comments civil. Which is why I said I would not recommend because of the price.....However,...it is more than just a hibachi, it does do low and slow quite well. I think that a PK go would probably be a better comparison.
        Last edited by AnoHito; May 15, 2022, 01:07 AM.

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        You obviously don’t indulge enough. Just saying. 😁

• mnavarre
        mnavarre commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, wasn't trying to be a jerk. But $600 for a portable grill was... surprising. And I agree with the PKGO comparison, that's actually the first thing I thought of, but $400 for a portable grill is still steep.

Plus if Drunk Me spent $600 on a grill without consulting the Chancellor of the Exchequer, I'd be sleeping in the garage for the foreseeable future.

Yes, my husband and I used to work nights so staying up late drinking and watching info-commercials got us into trouble a few times! But it was always like Christmas wondering what the package was that came in the mail. 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

How long does it take to cool down before you can move it?

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          What cookin down are ya talkin about, the grill or the drinker?

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          The grill

Did that beautiful knife come with the grill,,, ?
        if so,,,,sign me up,,,LOL

Comment

Well worth it!

Comment

Very nice! As your intoxicated self has such excellent taste, I’d say there’s no cause for concern and you might want to release the MCS dogs more often, assuming your personal relationship can withstand the incoming and your budget can handle it. Honestly, if I didn’t already have a PKGO I might have chosen to spring for this instead as it does appear to have several advantages. Grate space is a good bit larger than the GO, in actuality it’s only a bit less than the PK 300 or PKTX at the same price point. Portability is actually better than the GO, too. The GO has a large handle in front but they tell you not to carry it by that, it’s not designed to handle the weight, so a longer walk carrying it wouldn’t be much fun, especially for an old guy like me with a bad back. And while the TX has the wheeled cart, there are of course lots of places and situations where that wouldn’t be practical. If I were you, I’d have another beer to celebrate such an excellent purchase! Looking forward to hearing about further cooks on it.

Comment

• Alan Brice
              Alan Brice commented
              Editing a comment
              Now I am MCS ing.

NEVER,,,,,that I can remember,,,,

Comment

Cool, but I really don’t have a use for one. But I could see it being handy for those that do.

Here’s how those scenarios play out in my head. LOL

Drunk me, "Oooh, I NEED that!"
              Sensible me, "No, you really don’t."
              Drunk me, "Yes, I do…I really do…and you can’t stop me!"
              Sensible me, "Ha! You don’t even know where you wallet is."
              Drunk me, "Damn! Oh wait, they take PayPal! Score!"
              Last edited by surfdog; May 15, 2022, 10:28 AM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

No but I had a severe head injury 3 years ago that nearly killed me from a fall. Took 3 weeks for me to know who my kids were and where I worked. During the recovery when I was getting better I made a purchase. One day a Kitchen Aid mixer showed up at my door. To this day I do not remember making the purchase.

Comment

• tbob4
                  tbob4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you keep it?

Fortunately 18 years ago when you could get the good stuff I spent 8 months on darvacet and Percocet it wasn't so easy to buy stuff online.

Comment

Yep, bin there done that

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here