Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement for Charbroil 940X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement for Charbroil 940X

My father in-law loves his old Charbroil 940x but it is time to replace it. Unfortunately, this grill is no longer being made. Can someone recommend a replacement grill that works like the 940X?

Thank you.

I can't help, but welcome to The Pit.

Comment

What does he like and not like about the 940x? Do you have a budget?

if your budget is very small and you want an adjustable grate, there’s the Judge.

The Oklahoma Joe's® Judge Charcoal Grill is a heavy-duty, high-capacity grill that delivers with authority.

But it will require some mods and effort.

Now I know what MCS means, I can confirm I'm infected, despite offloading a few smokers in the past week. I have been musing over a Santa Maria-style grill, as I think the adjustable charcoal grates are pretty neat. I understand Hasty-Bake is best in class here. However, I couldn't help but notice this one and the price point

if you have room to step up in budget, the Hasty Bake is very popular and high quality with that adjustable grate too.

Hasty Bake Charcoal Grills, Smokers & competition grills have been made in the USA since 1948 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Shop manufacturer direct for the best warranty and price.

Lots of info about the Hasty Bakes here:

Comment

Suggest replacing it with a Traeger, Timberline 850.
        It is a pellet grill. Not the same, but they are fantastic.
        Last edited by bbqLuv; August 9, 2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Mgmcotton I second STEbbq in suggesting the Oklahoma Joe Judge, if you can find one. The design appears to be similar to the grill your dad liked.

Here is the review of it:

https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...harcoal-grill/

It appears to me that the height of the charcoal tray is adjusted using two handles inside the grill, versus an outside lever, so you will want some good gloves to grab it and raise or lower it while in use.
          Last edited by jfmorris; August 9, 2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Can't assist with the grill question but welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here