Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a portable grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a portable grill

I'm being sent out of town for a six week training assignment and would like a portable grill to take with me. I thought about the Weber Q series gassers but the ones I looked at couldn't do two zone cooking. I'd prefer a gasser that uses disposable cylinders but would be open to any other ideas. I'll be staying in an apartment but they don't allow grilling so I'd need to easily transport it to a nearby park. Anyone have suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5343EDE7-E238-4FC1-8F13-4688ACA9008F.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	1031176 I have the Charbroil Grill2Go X200. I love it. Platinum rating here on AR.com free side. But NOT a two zone grill. I use it very often for quick cooks for my wife and I. Comes set up for the small gas bottles. But I have mine on a big tank via an adapter hose.

Comment

PK 360. Potable without the stand, great two zone cooker, then you can use it at home when fully set up with shelves and stand. Not the smallest portable grill but doable.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Or maybe a PKGO?

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        PK equipment is pricey, but excellent. Great products.

my first choice would be a Weber 18" Joe. but since gas is what you're looking for I had my eye on these two portable gasses when I was after something for my RV. I went with another cheaper model that lasted 3 trips and then got the Weber Joe.

Cuisinart - two 10K BTU burners and a high-rise lid that you don't see on others this size. sells for $150

Mr. Steak infrared 2-burner bbq - two 14K BTU infrarerd burners, includes two side shelves. bonus - can use for reverse searing at home and also portable bbq. sells for $300.

Comment

Camp Chef - Pro 60X

Comment

Weber Traveler, not two zone, but cooks well, plus you can find a pan/rack combo to make pseudo two zone. Depends how small you want, Traveler is like 40 square inches more space than Q2000 series.

Some or all of the Napoleon TravelQ series are two burner.

Comment

I picked up a Nexgrill 2 burner tabletop grill at Home Despot a few weeks ago, just because I sometimes want a quick way to grill something for weeknight dinners, and not take up deck space when it's not being used. It's probably not something I'll be handing down to future generations, but it's $109 and gets the job done. And there is an available adapter if you want to use the disposable cylinders.
            Last edited by Steve R.; May 13, 2021, 06:17 PM.

Comment

+1 on the Napoleon TravelQ. A little pricy tho. I use a Jumbo Joe myself.

Comment

+1 on the Napoleon TravelQ. A little pricy tho. I use a Jumbo Joe myself.

Comment

I do indirects alla th time on Smokey Joes, Brother; Have posted multiple complete cooks here in th forum. Want links?

Use hickory mesquite apple charcoal, as ya see fit. Both Kingsford an royal oak sell em. buy briqs at destination, use a plastic cereal container to take some to th park with ya.

Smaller, lighter, cheaper, (~$20 offa Craigslist), an they make a nifty carry case fer em, with both handle, an shoulder strap.

No gas cylinder to lug about, or run out, an TSA ain't gonna allow em on no flight, nohow.

Yer only gonna be cookin fer one, right?

Big question is: what guitfiddle are ya gonna be takin with?
                  Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 13, 2021, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• TheQuietOne
                    TheQuietOne commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hadn't considered this. I have one but I only use it when I grill burgers for just the two of us. Mary's coming along so I'd like to be able to cook a beef roast or whole chicken but I could probably fit a beef tenderloin or a couple of leg quarters and have room to do them indirect. I think this may be the winner.

I have an Ibanez mandolin on the way that I'm taking with me. I've never played mandolin but I like something new throw my neurons a curve ball.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here