Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MasterBuilt Finally Updates The Gravity Series With New Parts + New Masterbuilt Lump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MasterBuilt Finally Updates The Gravity Series With New Parts + New Masterbuilt Lump

Got questions about Masterbuilt® products? Need a helping hand? We've got you covered.

Masterbuilt has listened to Gravity Series user feedback and our design and engineering teams have made the following updates: updated lid/door switches for durability, porcelain coated middle and upper charcoal hopper, and a re-designed charcoal grate for less charcoal fall through. These new changes have been implemented in the Gravity Series 800 Griddle and will be included for the 560 & 1050 models arriving in 2021. For those wishing to upgrade, we will have all parts available for purchase on our website in 2021.

I've emailed them to find out the listings for the part numbers, as it's not super obvious on the website.

Also, they have introduced new lump charcoal which may be sized better for the hopper. I mentioned in another thread that a full hopper of Royal Oak lump and B&B lump only lasted 8 hours each, so when I have used up my existing charcoal I will give this a shot and report back.

Masterbuilt® Lump Charcoal delivers a delicious charcoal flavor for low temperature cooking and also has the ability to reach high temperatures quickly & consistently. 100% premium, naturally source hardwood. Fired in artisan style kilns. Perfect hardwood blend for all temperature ranges and food types.

It will last up to 15 hours in the Gravity Seriesâ„¢ 560, up to 12 hours in the Gravity Seriesâ„¢ 800, and up to 8 hours in the Gravity Seriesâ„¢ 1050 depending on temperature.

We do our very best to provide a high-quality mix of different sized lump charcoal. The size should range from 2-6 inches as to best fit in the Gravity Seriesâ„¢ hopper.

Huskee Maybe enough for an updated review?!?

Comment

• tdimond
      tdimond commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm interested now that they appear to have addressed QA issues.

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      tdimond I'm surprised their QA didn't suggest that people make their own charcoal since you pretty much have to jerry-rig their smokers to get them to function.

Always a possibility!

Comment

Great news! Husk and I will look into this.

Comment

B&B briqs will run 11 hrs at 225F in the 1050. I've run lump, it's less dense overall so I won't bother again.

Doesn't sound like anything they changed will change performance. Would be nice to get newer switches/parts if they retrofit.

​​​​​​https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...sts#post862733
        Last edited by Polarbear777; March 22, 2021, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Max Good and Huskee - love to see a first look review of this revision in time for summer. Maybe a Pit only take initially (since I know your full reviews can take some time and you likely have other stuff in the pipeline)

Comment

Well, Masterbuilt wrote back in one day (holy cow!).

They will not send out upgraded parts under the warranty unless the original parts have failed. I know some people have gotten parts for free when they asked in the past, but I guess I am not that lucky. I will take my one day turnaround as super lucky.

Masterbuilt also said they are not selling the upgraded parts individually yet as they don't have them in stock, but they are shipping them on new units.

Comment

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              I've asked them for the best way to track when the new parts will be available...

• grillinglousiana
              grillinglousiana commented
              Editing a comment
              I added the grate mod by nathan...this item completely stoped any charcoal fall thru..i do burn lump..fogo or b&b..the one thing ive found is that after a cook you do need before you light it next time to really shake the charcoal grate to make sure all burt ash falls out..ive even had to push a screw driver if i did not do this to lossen up the ash or it will take forever to light...i have posted pictures of the use of mods by nathan and luke...

• grillinglousiana
              grillinglousiana commented
              Editing a comment
              i just looked the new parts up...seems as if they are sold out,of switches and the charcoal grate..the new charcoal grate is a lot like the one nathan is selling

Since I’ve done 100+ cooks on mine they should send me one to test. ;-)

Comment

This is all good news. This cooker has alot of potential. I really believe that others are soon going to come out with some competition as well.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC8F036C-0504-4C07-B883-45BCA87C8177.jpeg
Views:	5816
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	1044866 Well I may be done with the Masterbuilt. I mean, it can’t even stand up to gravity….

Comment

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd send this photo to Masterbuilt and ask if it's covered under warranty.

• DavidNorcross
                DavidNorcross commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry....

• Polarbear777
                Polarbear777 commented
                Editing a comment
                Solid black walnut.

FWIW, I got tired of waiting for the other parts to show up on the website, so I ordered the new charcoal grate. It arrived today, so I'll get up some comparison pics when I install it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here