Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look what my father in law found in his mom's basement (hasty bake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what my father in law found in his mom's basement (hasty bake)

My father in law's cheap gasser finally went to the graveyard. Good riddance, it made more smoke than my smoker. He wasn't quite yet ready to buy a new grill that will last so he went to his mother's house to pick up the one she said was in the basement.

I told him he could borrow my Hasty Bake until he got a new grill. Well we went over for dinner last weekend and what did I see in his backyard? A vintage hasty bake! He said his dad won it in some contest many years ago and it's just been sitting in their basement for decades.

Supposedly never used. There was no evidence of fire or use on the inside . Cooked burgers on it and it was great. He needs to order some parts, but other than that, a vintage Hasty Bake model 129.

Update: Hasty Bake look at the pictures and said this is called a Boomer 129, produced from 1964 to 1965. neat!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0073.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.68 MB ID:	574146Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0072.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.06 MB ID:	574147Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0074.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.52 MB ID:	574145
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RanchoStarvo; October 4, 2018, 09:16 AM.

Fantastic! Please keep us up-to-date on the refurb.

Comment

Score!

Comment

Wow! That's a special find!

Comment

VERY cool.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Wow! You'll have to teach him how to use it.

Comment

What great find!

Comment

WOW! This could be the best BBQ find in the history of The Pit!

Comment

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree! At least since I've been here.

That is jus way too cool, whatta find!!!

Comment

Far out.

Comment

How old do we all think it is? She’s a beaut.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I think it’s got to be a 60s model. It’s old enough that my FIL doesn’t remember it and he’s in he’s early 60s.

Comment

• FireMan
                            FireMan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Well that pretty much nails it. Someone ancient as yer FIL doesn’t know it, well it’s probably a hunnert yrs old.

Jackpot!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here