Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hasty Bake Beef Short Ribs, with Alabama White sauce

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hasty Bake Beef Short Ribs, with Alabama White sauce

    So, I found a nice pack of short ribs, total of 16lbs. There were 3 slabs in a pack.
    I had a gift card since CHRISTmas, for Cattleman's.
    I vacuum sealed all 3 and put 2 into the freezer, the other one I made in my Legacy today.
    My wife mentioned that I do not use the Pit Barrels anymore.
    I told her they are for chicken, turkey and pizzas. But I may have to do a brisket, or something on them.
    I first dry brined overnight with Lane's Sugar Free Brisket rub and added a dusting of Kinders Caramalized Onion Burger rub.
    I put them on and let them smoke @220 for first hour. Then mopped with melted garlic butter.
    I mopped every hour, for 4 hours total. Each time the temp went up 10 degrees.
    After 4 hours the IT was reading @170.
    I then put it into a pan with 10oz of beef broth, made with water from the keurig and a used Colombian coffee K-Cup and beef paste from GFS. I added half a medium Vidalia onion and 6 yellow potatoes cut into quarters.
    I covered with foil and put into the electric smoker @230 degrees.
    When at 208IT, and probing tender I gave it an hour rest.
    45 minutes into the rest I started a small chimney of briquettes, and after 10 minutes dropped into the basket.
    During this I placed the ribs on a cutting board, covered by foil. Wife took the potatoes to mash, and I poured liquid into a grease separator. I also made an Alabama White Sauce for the ribs (Recipe from Pitmaster X).
    I placed the ribs on the grate to dry up the liquid and reform the bark.
    After 12 minutes on the HB I was forced to take them off, because SHE was hungry!
    Sliced, then removed from the bone and served with the mashed potatoes, the beef juice and white sauce...Delicious!
    Puppies enjoyed the bones.
    Give me 5 minutes for pics. Have to use my phone.

    #2
    Pics

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260925_230850.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	3.60 MB
ID:	1889118

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260926_104636.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	1889119

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260926_191936.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	1889120

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260926_192515.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	1889121

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260926_141312.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	1889122

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260926_191845.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	1889123

    Comment


    • jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      GREAT job!

    #3
    Interesting. I grew up (in Alabama) with white sauce as the only BBQ sauce I knew (only on chicken, of course). I’ve occasionally wondered how it might work on seafood or pork … and now I’m wondering about beef. Hmmmmm.

    Comment


    • JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Same.

    • Duanessmokedmeats
      Duanessmokedmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      You will like it.

    • jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be straight up - when I first moved to Alabama and saw that white sauce, I had no clue it was for chicken. I used it on pulled pork more than once, and enjoyed it! I never make it though, but keep a bottle from the store (Big Bob Gibson's!) in the fridge, as SWMBO loves it on her chicken.

    #4
    How did you control the temp on the HB. Snake? Nice cook by the way!

    Comment


    • Duanessmokedmeats
      Duanessmokedmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      I spread the briquettes out over the basket, and light 10 briquettes and place them in the front right corner. Wait until it gets to about 180 then close the door, with vents on both sides wide open, and lower basket to smoke setting.
      When it gets to 200 I usually close the air vents to about halfway. It rises a little then settles in between 210 and 220.

    • Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Duanessmokedmeats Thanks!

    #5
    Thanks for posting this! I love beef ribs and I love my Hasty Bake. I definitely getting better with it but seeing how other folks control the temps is always appreciated. I have not done beef ribs on it yet, but I suspect this will inspire me to try. I am completely blown away by the versatility of the Hasty Bake. It also makes the crispiest spatchcocked chicken I have ever cooked!

    Comment

    Announcement

    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    0
    Guest
    Guest
    500
    ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
    7