Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork shoulder, hooks or grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pittkappasig

My next rack(s) of ribs will be on the kettle powered by an SnS!

Comment

• pittkappasig
      pittkappasig commented
      Editing a comment
      no worries of them falling off the hooks with the SnS! i have been kicking the idea of going back and picking up a new gasser for quite some time now but i am more than content with my Kettle, SnS and PBC. my bbq dreams have become reality.

• smarkley
      smarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      Woots!

It was once said "A great Pitmaster does not lose their meat". Huskee no I haven't

Comment

I hope one day, someone somewhere will say of me "He was a great pitmaster". Until then, I just make stuff and eat it.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee I'm a GREAT Pitmaster according to my family and friends...so let it be 😎

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        DWCowles right on bro!

Anyone "double hook" ribs like the PBC videos show for brisket? If yer only doing a couple of racks might be the way to go. Gonna try that tomorrow!

Comment

• carolts
        carolts commented
        Editing a comment
        Started double-hooking right after my first lost rack. I don't know if it makes a big difference but I feel better.

• smarkley
        smarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        Like carolts I started double hooking after I lost my first rack...

the second rack I lost was and act of G-d, I think. The angels were watchin' over me and one turned to the other and said... "wanna see Steveo jump around and scream a lot?"

Yes. It's easier to clean the hooks than it is to clean the grill grate! I always hung mine and never lost a butt. I would use the grate when I wrapped them, but the double foil kept the grate clean.

I hate cleaning grill grates.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here