Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fullest I can get a Pit Barrel with brisket. First Auber and Brisket cook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of questions: Say I want to smoke a brisket one day and serve it the next to friends at my home.

1. What's the best way to cool down those briskets? It looks as though you let them sit at room temp, wrapped, for 3 hours before cooling them. Did you then cool them quick in the freezer for a while before placing them in the fridge?

2. What's the best way to reheat? In foil in a 240 degree oven until they hit 165 then cambro them for a couple of hours? I see you did one hour rest for the points and 2 hour rest for the flats. Is this still necessary if they're not transported somewhere (no travel time)?

Thanks in advance, Jerod ( Jerod Broussard ) for the additional words of brisket wisdom.

Kathryn

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Cooling down at room temp is best. Prevents from "over-cooking" on the reheat. I allowed them to cool in the butcher paper, then transfered to foil to chill.

The difference in time between the points and the flats was merely me checking the points to make sure the fat was rendered down enough so that I could just sauce and heat up the sauce enough for serving.

Yeah, I always go to the freezer before the fridge to get them cool to the touch on all sides.

250 oven is fine. I did 240 on that super-charged convection so they wouldn't heat up too fast.

Most don't need much rest after reheat, but it doesn't hurt if you have to. I couldn't chance driving over there and reheating in time.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much for answering my questions, Jerod. ( Jerod Broussard )

Kathryn

Here Here!!! Big RockOn to Jerod Broussard the Brisket Killer! A little slap on the hand for not grabbing pics for us...but I'll forgive you this time.

You cooked 52 pounds of Brisket in how many PBC's? #Respect

(P.S. I just unloaded 50 pounds of brisket and 90 pounds of st louis cut ribs into my ice chest outside, ready for 2 nice big cooks in the next couple weeks. I'll start a thread on it tonight.)

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      52 pounds purchased weight. Plenty less once trimmed up.

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      That is just, wow!

I feel so..... inadequate

Comment

Jerod Broussard 52 lbs for 58 people... lets try the math. Hrmmmm lets see, carry the one.... ok, you avg'd 14.3 ozs of meat per person. BRISKET meat, with minimal leftovers.... now that... is Proper! Very well done!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, but you might get 40% yield of these briskets. If it was all grown men I'd have to up it.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here