Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Chilli on the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Chilli on the PBC

Decided to try my hand at smoked Chilli today, came out great! Smoked the meat at 225 for 2 hrs, then simmered for an additional 2 hrs in the pot. Serve with a topping of 3 cheese mix and a dollop of sour cream. Here's the specifics:

.75 lb Hot Jimmy Dean sausage
    .75 lb 80/20 Ground Beef
    Place pulled/torn chunks of meat on a double folded aluminum foil sheet and perforated all over with a thick skewer so smoke will penetrate and grease will drain thru. Smoke for 2 hrs on the grate, turning and chopping up every 30-45 mins.

Add 1 large can of tomato sauce, 1 small can of diced tomatoes, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 1 can of Bush's Spicy Chili beans, 2 cups Bold Beef Stock, 2 tablespoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon cummin, 1 cup beer, salt & pepper to taste, bring to med. heat in a large pot. Saute 1 small, minced yellow onion and 1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper (seeds removed) till translucent, about 3-4 mins and add 3 teaspoons garlic, cook another minute and add to the sauce. Add meat after chopping up to size.
    Attached Files

Cool recipe. Like the preferred cookin feet attire!

Comment

Sounds mighty good to me! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

That looks great! Nice job.

Comment

Nothing like a warm bowl of chili on a cold winter's day. Any day, for that matter.

Kathryn

Comment

Great looking chili, Mark!

Comment

Well done.

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmm chili... Thanks for sharing

Comment

King among soups!

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
                    Cool recipe. Like the preferred cookin feet attire!
                    Hahaha... Didn't notice my feet in the shot lol

Comment

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That’s why we’re here. 🕶

Interesting method to smoke ground meats. How smokey did they turn out on the PBC?

That chili looks so delicious.

Kathryn

Comment

Do those socks match? Nice chili, great meal. Jimmy dean hot, adds a nice little heat to it. I did one in late fall added a 2-3 lb's smoked chuck roast. If you ever want a little more meat. give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
                        Interesting method to smoke ground meats. How smokey did they turn out on the PBC?

That chili looks so delicious.

Kathryn
                        Quite smoky believe it or not. I had my doubts but the well perforated foil let almost all the grease drip onto the coals and the smoke come up thru. Next time I'll use an aluminum pan (more sturdy, easier to handle, reusable) and poke holes in it. I thought about making a giant patty and chopping it up later but my wife brought up the fact that by breaking the meat up into smaller chunks/bits before smoking would increase the surface area exposed to the smoke and result in better flavor. Also, it's better after 2-3 days in the fridge 👍
                        Last edited by Mark Williams; February 23, 2020, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                          fzxdoc commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good to know, Mark. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathryn

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here