Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSA: Dont leave your PBC uncovered unattended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA: Dont leave your PBC uncovered unattended

It was time for a good "cleaning", went with the burn off method...so this was somewhat controlled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200105_172615.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	787660

Bet the neighbors wondered what you were cooking.

Comment

Define controlled! The camera maybe.

Comment

• cashelton
        cashelton commented
        Editing a comment
        exactly!

Me likes Fire!

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Me likes Me!

Feed the Flame!

Comment

Burn baby burn!

Comment

Yup! A pic worthy for the Pit!

Comment

Yup. That’ll get it done.

Comment

YES!!!!! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! 🔥 🔥 🔥

seriously though that should be clean now!

Comment

The before

Name:	20200105_162555.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	787722

The after

Name:	20200105_173032.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	787723

Comment

• treesmacker
                  treesmacker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did it fall in and burn up? 😶

• cashelton
                  cashelton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It did not fall in, thankfully! The before picture was just showing off my grease collection.

Yeeeooow!

I am not making this up....I just went outside and put the lid on my PBC (it was also "burning off," but nothing more than the remaining coals going full-strength). Now, I've only used it about five times so there isn't much to burn off.....but I think I'll make sure I can see it if I do that again.

Comment

• cashelton
                  cashelton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  After I pulled the lid and removed the rebar, it got going pretty fast...I just happened to glance out of the window and see flames shooting out. So had to do what any responsible pit member would do, take a picture...Wife had different feelings!

I've had my PBC almost 2 years, this was my first full burn-off...it's almost like new again!

So, are you recommending this method or what? lol You obviously use the PBC a lot, thus all that "bark" on the inside. I don't think cleaning this way would be wise since I use the PBC on an untreated wooden deck.

Comment

• cashelton
                  cashelton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not not recommending this method, but yeah I wouldn't recommend this method on a wooden deck...it's now made me rethink the need for a patio cover!

Based on your photo and the "cleaning process" I swear I didn't see anything. If it says I live in Chico, I don't. I don't know anyone named Cashelton and I've never been to McKinney, Texas. I don't know anything about a missing pet turkey named "Clive". As I wrote, I have never been to McKinney, Texas.

Comment

That'll teach the PBC to get so dirty.

Kathryn

Comment

• cashelton
                    cashelton commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The PBC and I had a misunderstanding of the term "Seasoned"...we're still learning!

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    cashelton , I figured you two would make up in the end.

K.

That picture belongs in Huskee's Feed the Flame post!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here