Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shutting down your PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutting down your PBC

I finally found a good way to shut down the pit barrel. I bought these ceramic magnets at home depot so I could cook on the grate without needing to keep the rebar in. It's amazing how much control the magnets give you for the temperature control. I can get it to hold steady between 210 and 350.
    Today I realized I could use magnets to hold a piece of tin foil over the bottom damper to kill the heat. This is a heck of alot easier and safer than pulling the charcoal basket out when it's smoking hot

Pretty good idea.

Comment

Coolness.

Comment

Check out my post about using a metal bucket (with lid) to put the coals in here (about half way down the first page; pics included): http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...g-temperatures I like this magnet idea too! How long does it take for your coals to snuff out?

Comment

It takes about 30 minutes. I used to lift the charcoal basket out and put it in the Weber to kill the charcoal. The tin foil is much more simple and safe.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here