Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC : Brisket on the grate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YUM! No slice pics??

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      My bad on that one!! They ate all the slices!!!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Good problem to have!

Looks great! How did the thinner ends turn out?
    Last edited by Dr ROK; January 25, 2015, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Really good, but a little bit dry.

Awesome....I will cooking my Pastrami "Spinaker Style," hopefully next Saturday.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the sound of that Jerod!!

Wow, that's an appealing picture, John--what a pretty smoke ring. Did you eat the brisket cold or did you heat it up?

You've got me convinced to try the Spinaker method on my next brisket as well.

Kathryn

Comment

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
      Wow, that's an appealing picture, John--what a pretty smoke ring. Did you eat the brisket cold or did you heat it up?

You've got me convinced to try the Spinaker method on my next brisket as well.

Kathryn
      Kathryn,
      I put the brisket in Zip-locks and put them in a stockpot full of 150 F water. Took about 20 mins to heat it all up. And man was it good.

It tasted like I just took it off the smoker. The bark was a little soft from the initial cool down right after the cook but, that certainly did not effect the overall taste. Prime briskets have such a wonderfully rich beef flavor and they take on smoke like no other meat, in my opinion. I used Pecan wood and the slightly dry nutty flavor really complimented the richness of the beef.

Comment

Nice cook!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank You sir.

Great Job! They look AWESOME!

Comment

John, thanks for the additional info about warming up that brisket. I'm always so leery or rewarming meat but it sounds as though you chose the perfect option to get that meat back up to temp without losing juiciness or flavor.

Now for another question: how did that donut method of laying the coals in the PBC basket work? Could you tell a difference (from a temperature maintenance point of view) between your donut method or just evenly layering the hot coals over the cold coals as Noah suggests for the chimney method?

Kathryn

Comment

And one more question: from your description it seems like you never did wrap the point, just left it on the PBC to come to temp and bark up. Am I wrong about that impression?

And what was the final internal temp of that prime brisket?

Thanks!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here