Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pit Barrel pipes and B & B Briquettes are singing today...and will again tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those burnt ends look awesome! What sauce you using?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PBA.png
Views:	85
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	42220

Comment

• HC in SC
      HC in SC commented
      Editing a comment
      Was interested in that myself - it looks tomato based and delicious whatever it is!!

How much of the brisket do you chop for burnt ends, Jerod?

Gosh, that looks like an amazing cook, with the pork butts and those ends.

You da man!

Kathryn

Comment

I just picked up some Baby Ray's David. Everybody around here could drink that stuff. I myself prefer 1/3 KC Classic and 2/3 Texas Mop Sauce for burnt ends.

Kathy, the whole point. And it really takes an extended cooking time to get the rubbery out of them. I let them coast once sauced this morning for 3 hours in a 170 degree oven so I could get some sleep. And that was after a 3 hour rest.

You really have to check burnt ends by hand, or try to cut with a fork, to see if they are ready.

Comment

• HC in SC
        HC in SC commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm a Bull's Eye (regular) man myself, but just got an Xmas gift of a Sam's size Sweet Baby Rays from a friend who is trying to convert me. Your burnt ends look freaking fantastic!

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        SBR really is good. I've got relatives that sing its praises all the time.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        To the tune of Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond: "Sweeeeet Baby Rays...Burnt ends never seemed so goooood...I've been inclined, to believe they never could..."

Those burnt ends looks very tasty Jerod and I bet they are....I agree with Kathryn "Yo da man"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_4494.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	42256 Thanks DW. This is the bark I like before I wrap. 185 internal. Bounces back nice after the resting period.

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang, now I'm wanting to go out and get a brisket...that brisket looks mouth watering

Looks fantastic! Makes me want to smoke something...

Comment

Sometimes I get lost with the lingo you guys use, but it definitely translates into some mighty fine looking meat. Looks great Jerod!

Comment

Looks great, I'd love some burnt ends right now. Heck i'm having a hard time not eating those butts I have resting.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here