Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC Modifications: The Great Grate

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC now has a hinged grate for the cooker. They also have an ash catcher that attaches to the charcoal pan. they have added these in time for Thanksgiving along with a turkey holder.

Comment

I have only been a member for a month now and I know this is a old post but I did order the hinge grate with my pbc. I have used it a couple time 'the hinge grate' and it annoying. the last cook was 2 chickens and for the side i made potato's and onions wrapped in tin foil. the grill was straight up and guess what the lid would not seat because the grate stopped the lid from seating. so I had to push the grate down on the potato's. I had one more pack to cook after the first so I had to swing the grate to rest on the chicken and the d**** thing would not stay and came back down on my hands trying to take the potato's out. so out came the wife to take out the potato's. so today I fixed the grate. I open up the hinge rods and removed the thing! I open them just enough to take it off and if I need to use it again I can put it back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Planner47 View Post
        I have only been a member for a month now and I know this is a old post but I did order the hinge grate with my pbc. I have used it a couple time 'the hinge grate' and it annoying. the last cook was 2 chickens and for the side i made potato's and onions wrapped in tin foil. the grill was straight up and guess what the lid would not seat because the grate stopped the lid from seating. so I had to push the grate down on the potato's. I had one more pack to cook after the first so I had to swing the grate to rest on the chicken and the d**** thing would not stay and came back down on my hands trying to take the potato's out. so out came the wife to take out the potato's. so today I fixed the grate. I open up the hinge rods and removed the thing! I open them just enough to take it off and if I need to use it again I can put it back on.
        Er ... the hinged portion is designed to hang down when you're using it. From the PBC site:

Click image for larger version

Name:	hinged_grate3_10401-260x350.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	293683
        If you're not using as a hinged grate, just flip it over so the handles are pointing up.

Comment

wow did not see that I just looked on the site and I still do not see it. went to SHOP-HINGE GRILL-MORE and it just shows the grate in the upright position. but it will work that way. just checked. handle side down go figure. where did you get that picture?

Comment

mbmorgan

that is not on to shop page where I ordered it. I found it in the faq page under the product info page which your link sent me. really not the place to put the description of the grate. should be on the sale page not the faq page. thanks for the heads up will be more careful the next time I order from them.

Comment

mbmorgan

wife just pointed out to me that I have been looking at the standard grate not the hinged grate. wow I do not know how I ordered the hinge grate with out messing it up. see it know. thanks

Comment

• MBMorgan
              MBMorgan commented
              Editing a comment
              You're welcome... it happens ... In my case, I'll be in the grocery store looking at a pack of frozen chicken thighs while I unconsciously grab the frozen tilapia next to them. At home, I'll wonder where THAT came from ... 🤔 ...

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here