Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my meatiest endeavor yet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pittkappasig
    commented on 's reply
    vac sealed. i did 2 methods: held bags sitting in 170ish water inside a cooler and a slow cooker. everything was served in sterno pans. i went thru a lot of butter.

• _John_
    replied
    Did I miss how you were reheating the pork? I have some ok methods but nothing I really love yet.

Leave a comment:

• pittkappasig
    commented on 's reply
    they would probably want royalties or some nonsense... actually, they might see it and get in on the ground floor for an investment opportunity? then you could shoot some sweet "night vision style" promos for the SnS, i hear the daughter is into that kinda thing...?

• Huskee
    replied
    pittkappasig You are a natural artist. Your diagram is clear, concise, yet speaks volumes. The ONLY thing I worry about is using the Hilton logo..... might be some legal issue there or something. Bummer otherwise. Lol!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    That's a heckuva cook pittkappasig! And that schematic will really fancy up the website.

Leave a comment:

• pittkappasig
    replied
    Just wanted to send out a quick update: the BBQ was a success, thanks to everyone who helped me get thru it. 23 of the 25 gallon sized bags of pulled pork were eaten and i came back with no ribs. people were commenting all day about the QUE i provided (even the people who dont usually eat BBQ tried it and said it was delicious) one very nice lady wouldnt stop talking about the KC style sauce (thanks MH) and the Jack Daniels bottle was completely gone (thanks again MH... well just thanks for everything, i guess) I added some japs to my cole slaw and people could taste it and noticed it was much better than the standard slaw. the baked beans were also completely cleaned out.

Anyway, big ups to the everyone who helped me out. there was no way i couldve pulled this off without you all, this site and this forum. David Parrish the last photo is a schematic i drew up while i had to to leave the party for a 2 hour work meeting (we started cooking at 7 AM and i had a 930 AM meeting but the party didnt start until 130 PM) it is me explaining how to add coals to the SnS. I think you could tie that into your user manuals, no? lol!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    LOL, well it'll work for you next time!

• pittkappasig
    commented on 's reply
    they left for a week, that's why their house looks like hell, lol. But I do appreciate the kind words from someone who has produced a brisket the likes of which mine eyes have never seen.

• pittkappasig
    commented on 's reply
    Here's your problem David Parrish you are too damn smart. My solution was to run 9.5 lbs on the PBC all nite and fire up the weber/SnS (by the way you should consider approaching them about licensing) at 5 AM, take the PBC cook off and send the barrel on its way. Alas. It is 140 and you are sleeping and I'm sitting here like a dumbshit...

• DWCowles
    replied
    WOW....I bet your neigbors were drooling . Nice cook and sorry that your butt hit the coals .

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by pittkappasig View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand disaster struck on day 2: 8 lber took a dive off the hooks in the PBC whilst i was preoccupied with a client and a meat-mergency has arrived. i got to the butcher just in time and snagged another 18 lbs so i figured to punish myself id just cook the whole lot. its broken into 2, but im down a PBC as its being transported to the BBQ site tomorrow afternoon.

David Parrish in your wisdom and knowledge of your creation... how much shoulder do you think i can stick in the SnS and still have it done in a reasonable amount of time? the fat caps were trimmed pretty close, so the whole 18 lbs are going in if i can do it... if it just has to be one of a halves for the sake of time, it shall be so. i ran 2 whole 10 lbers through at different times and each took about 14 hrs, as a reference for my location and climate.

Argh! That stinks about the meat falling off the hooks. This is why I always transition butts to the food grate once they hit 170F.

You should be able to get both halves on the kettle w/SnS combo. To save time cook at 225F until the butts hit 150F, then crank the pit temp heat up to 275F and blow through the stall. Once the meat hits 175F to 180F you can let the pit temp drop to 225F and then cook low and slow until the meat hits 203F or probe tender.

Leave a comment:

• pittkappasig
    replied
    i still rolled out a solid 24 lbs pre cook weight today, so im not complaining.... just not as smooth as one would like. "on the third day, he rests" was my motto tomorrow but, its back at it again, tomorrow 5 AM. maybe i should win one of those Gold Medal contests and get a higher capacity rig, lol. im learning that a kettle and a PBC is a bit rough for 100 person cook without Jerods crazy scheduling and modifications, that is.

burgers, dogs, flank steak and ribs all will be happening day of... maybe im a bit in over my head here, hah.

Leave a comment:

• mackdaddy
    replied
    Of course Murphy and his darned law has to pop up. but what you showed looks good. Hope things go better.

Leave a comment:

• pittkappasig
    replied
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand disaster struck on day 2: 8 lber took a dive off the hooks in the PBC whilst i was preoccupied with a client and a meat-mergency has arrived. i got to the butcher just in time and snagged another 18 lbs so i figured to punish myself id just cook the whole lot. its broken into 2, but im down a PBC as its being transported to the BBQ site tomorrow afternoon.

David Parrish in your wisdom and knowledge of your creation... how much shoulder do you think i can stick in the SnS and still have it done in a reasonable amount of time? the fat caps were trimmed pretty close, so the whole 18 lbs are going in if i can do it... if it just has to be one of a halves for the sake of time, it shall be so. i ran 2 whole 10 lbers through at different times and each took about 14 hrs, as a reference for my location and climate.

Leave a comment:

• pittkappasig
    commented on 's reply
    lol, i knew what ya meant

heres hoping it works, as the title entails, this is my biggest cook for like 100 peeps so... wish me luck!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here