Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which bullet smoker to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which bullet smoker to buy?

I’m in the UK so can’t access a lot of USA based products (and prices) I’m looking to buy a smoker and wondered if any members have https://www.macsbbq.com/hot-smokers/...l20-bbq-smoker?
    alternative is https://www.wowbbq.co.uk/categories/.../731004~731004

Recommendations for which to go for please?
    Weber
    96.77%
    ProQ
    3.23%

The poll is expired.

I recomend the weber..

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      Lotta Love for the Weber on this website

I have a Weber, so I am biased.

Comment

Weber, no brainer. The other unit does look interesting but it's a smaller diameter for about the same price.

Comment

I'm casting my vote for the Weber

Comment

I like the idea of the modular ProQ, and the door on the Weber will need an upgrade if you go that route. I think with the multiple grates in the ProQ, the smaller diameter is insignificant.

I'm brave and stupid on this one.

Comment

i gatta go with Weber on this. They are built to last.

Comment

Tiny access doors on that ProQ Excel. I voted Weber.

Comment

I'm sure you cant go wrong with the weber they use them at competitions over all the time and Slap Yo Daddy BBQ does real good and that's all he uses

Comment

Max Good I have the 14.5 Weber. It's a great little cooker. The nice thing about Weber is because they are so ubiquitous getting replacement parts (grates, etc) is a snap. Also, they have excellent customer service and, according to Max they have meticulous quality control.

Comment

• Mudkat
                    Mudkat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    +1 on parts, ease of use, and customer service! Youbcan really dial in a WSM. Weber is my vote!

I picked Weber (always a good choice) but have you looked into the Pit Barrel Cooker? I believe they ship / have international availability.

Comment

• rat_rabs
                    rat_rabs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No I haven’t. I’ll do some research. Are they good?

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh yes. Porcelain coated 30 gal drum, they also have a smaller version. Great for hanging ribs, brisket and super at chicken. It comes with a grate also. Check them out at pitbarrelcookers.com

• Mudkat
                    Mudkat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lots of support for PBC in here. Most people love them!

I would go with the Weber. Great product.

Comment

The Pit Barrel Cooker is a great product too. It's easier to use and has a very short learning curve. Ultimately, the Weber is more versatile, especially if you go for the 22", but the ease of use of the PBC is very appealing. I really like both my PBC and my WSM, but for different reasons.

Comment

You have to go with the Weber

Comment

Weber.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here