Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC VS BRONCO SMACKDOWN - Here’s What America’s Top BBQ Experts Are Saying About It!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC VS BRONCO SMACKDOWN - Here’s What America’s Top BBQ Experts Are Saying About It!

MYRON MIXON - "I’d like to participate but I’ve got a nail appointment this weekend."

BOBBY FLAY - "Who’s Panhead John?..That’s a really stupid name."

AARON FRANKLIN - "Smackdown? That’s gotta be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard, what idiot thought of that?"

MEATHEAD GOLDWYN - "Huskee, can’t you just ban this guy or something?"

There you have it folks, glowing endorsements all around!

Anyway, it looks like we’re gonna have a pretty good turnout this weekend! We’ve already got almost 30 participants so far, hoping we get more! It’s almost evenly divided between both camps, 15 for Team Bronco and 14 for Team PBC. I’ll post a link to the original announcement if you missed it. Even if you can’t make it this Friday thru Sunday, please jump in when you can. As mentioned before, I’m gonna start a brand new post Friday morning for us to post your cook pictures. Please wait and post your pictures then if you have to do an early cook. Anyone with a Bronco or PBC is invited! Join us if you can.

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...mate-smackdown

EDIT: List now shows teams are even with the addition of tenphases

Click image for larger version  Name:	144159D3-EFBB-4643-B612-5AC3211F80D9.png Views:	0 Size:	414.6 KB ID:	1263499
    Last edited by Panhead John; July 28, 2022, 09:37 PM.

This should be fun! I need to fire up the stick burner this weekend, maybe I'll hijack your post and sneak a pic or 2 in...

Comment

Twiddling my thumbs as I await delivery of my PBC and Bronco. I’ve still got the PBR ready to ship in case you don’t come through. 😎

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        What? You haven’t got em yet?!?! Damn UPS.

Im in, just so we can even up the PBC side!

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Great! Thanks for joining us, gonna be fun!

• MsTwiggy
        MsTwiggy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah buddy!! We don't have any (?) next to our names, did you notice that. . . 🧐Glad to have you!!

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        The ? next to a few Bronco owner’s name is because it’s a well known fact that most of us are wealthy individuals constantly jet setting the globe……vacationing in tropical paradises, helping world leaders solve international crisis’ and doing missionary work. So sometimes our schedules are up in the air.
        Last edited by Panhead John; July 28, 2022, 06:10 AM.

I can do 2 cooks, right? Saturday and Sunday. 1st is a top secret recipe I've done for years. Never on charcoal. I'll adapt. The other you'll have to wait. GO PB'er FAMILY. Let's do this.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell yeah Richie, do 3 if you want! It might take that many attempts to beat a Bronco.

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Broncos going down. I could do tofu on the PBJ and beat all you Bronco fans. Oh, wait that's football. Y'all in the same boat.

Lets GO

Comment

Comment

Alright purchased my pork loin yesterday, made and applied basic rub today, now we wait until Friday or Saturday(depends on weather) Sticking with my plan of OJP and WSM more for fun than anything else.
          Last edited by JohnPaul; July 27, 2022, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            Very underrated cut of meat. The Kroger stores in my town have half loins on sale periodically. If I'm lucky, there's a bunch of the "pointy end" halves in there. I grab those any chance I get. Almost like boneless baby back ribs.

Panhead John this what us PB'ers are doin' to all you OKJ'ers this weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BBQ_your_ass.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1263497 ​​​​​

Comment

What about team trashcan?

Comment

If I was local I'd throw my Gateway in the trash, I mean in the mix!!

Comment

The schedule and weather look slightly grim. Fingers crossed it will work out- Have fun everybody!

Name:	trozzo220728_150.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	1263603

Comment

• MsTwiggy
                  MsTwiggy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now I'm concerned if you are cooking a brisket. . . Looks like your dry brining well in advance too like a boss 😨🔥🔥🔥❤️🐿

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  DTro Unless it’s a hurricane we expect you to show up.

As posted in the original thread….. My Bronco round 1 will be poor man’s bunt ends 2 ways….

. Click image for larger version

Name:	8084A9A8-5019-4BAC-A265-3E3E7C7069C7.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	1263679

Round 2? ….

. Click image for larger version

Name:	3B75A2CA-EFAE-4467-A592-B635B6056EF5.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	1263678

Comment

Typical Bronco Owner

Name:	7E5BB54E-05F0-49DA-B396-7AC1CA5A0150.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1263681

Typical PBC Owner

Name:	FA37BB29-2097-4893-80C4-B7BB0F18DF6F.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	1263682

Comment

• MsTwiggy
                  MsTwiggy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If what you're trying to say is my 4 old could compete against Bubba I completely agree 🧐🔥🔥🔥❤️🐿

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Touché, MsTwiggy! 😄

• Finster
                  Finster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bronco owner not smart enough to come in out of the rain you say?

Pantie head Nice to see you helping the young child with his BBQ.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here