Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holding Temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding Temp

Put a pork butt on the Bronco at noon. Temp was about 200 with my Inkbird alarm set at 220-240. When it hit 215 began closing the intake. As it crept forward continued making adjustments till I got it in the zone. Then for the next 6 1/2 hours it held between 228 and 236 without any adjustments! Then it slipped to 224 and I made another small adjustment and it went back to the zone for another 2 hours. I have never had a cooker (and I have had and still have a lot of cookers) that held tolerances that well other than my pellet grill/smoker and it just doesn't cook meat nearly as flavorfully as the Bronco. The photo is about 5 hours in.
    Attached Files

This is why some of us have made the Bronco our go to, small barrel cooker for smoking and grilling. All the benefits of what the little barrels can do, lots of features supplied that other units need to be modded to have, AND control of the unit instead of the other way round.

Over on the FB Bronco group there is a mini trend of new users jumping on the fan/controller band wagon. I suspect they made the usual mistakes of chasing temps when it's too late and haven't allowed themselves to learn to manage the cooker properly. You sir have done well in mastering what the tool will do.
    Last edited by Uncle Bob; September 25, 2020, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here