Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy Bronco in Europe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy Bronco in Europe ?

Hi,

I am a new member, i love smoking and grilling and i am Blind :-)

I would like to get a Oklahoma joe Bronco smoker, since the raving reviews.
    The thing is i can not find it in Europe...

Somebody tips where to get one ?
    The regular oklahoma bbq are for sale here in Belgium, but i do not found the bronco...

Help please..
    Last edited by BlindSmoker; August 16, 2020, 03:52 AM.

Can't help you with a solution other than to contact Oklahoma Joe's/Char-Broil to see if they have an importer near you.

As for the cooker I hope you're able to find a way to get one. There's not a more versatile small barrel cooker right out of the box on the market.

Comment

Have you heard about the Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC)? Similar in size of the Bronco and I believe they are sold in Europe.

https://pitbarrelcooker.com/pages/authorized-dealers looks like I was wrong.
      Last edited by HawkerXP; August 16, 2020, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the Pit!

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Hi uncle Bob and Hawkerxp,

oklahoma joe said to contact charbroil europe, so i did.

they only import the highland serie.

the barrel pit cooker is available here, but it do not looks as sturdy and nice as the oklahoma.

can the barrel pit cooker do a good grilll or 2 side direct/indirect ?

all tips are welcome.
        i love the kamado style, but can not justify the cost.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          PBC I wouldn't call a "grill". It does have a grate but its always direct but far from the coals. For a good all round grill, smoker I'd look at the Weber Kettle.

• Uncle Bob
          Uncle Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          That's pretty much the advantage I was talking about toward the Bronco, which you seem to already realize. Out of the box it will do all the PBC will do AND easily converts to an effective grill, no mods or add ons needed. PBC can be made to do more, it just takes more effort and in some cases money to get there. As HawkerXP says, a Weber kettle may be better suited for the flexibility, and there are a bunch of accessories in the aftermarket to increase versatility.......at a cost of course.

• BlindSmoker
          BlindSmoker commented
          Editing a comment
          I have an old old used weber kettle from an old lady. The kettle has seen all kind of wear and tear, it needs replacement.
          I would like to have an allrounder that is sturdier, because i am almost blind. I hit the kettle sometimes. And here in Europe the kettles are much more expensive then in USA.
          Still waiting for a european smartass that comes up with a good bbq :-)
          Last edited by BlindSmoker; August 17, 2020, 12:50 AM.

Howdy from Kansas territor y, Welcome to Th Pit...
        ]Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya! "cool:

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. You cannot go wrong with the PBC.

Comment

BlindSmoker we have a member in Sweden Henrik who teaches BBQ classes, and I am paging him to this thread,. as I know he found some kettle cookers for his classes to use that were not from Weber, which may be more affordable to you. I also know that Napoleon makes a nice kettle that is in a wheeled cart, if they are sold in the EU it may be available to you.

While the Bronco is nice, I think a kettle style cooker is the best way to go if you want to do 2 zone cooking. SNSGrills.com sells an insert for a kettle called a Slow 'N Sear, as well as their own cookers, and has distributors in Germany and Sweden that may sell to you:

Thanks for your interest in products from SNS Grills! Below is some additional information about placing your order with us and where to find US and international retailers. Tracking information will be emailed to the address associated with your order. Please allow until early evening for tracking information to updat

Comment

• BlindSmoker
              BlindSmoker commented
              Editing a comment
              Experience with the sns kettle ?
              The Most Versatile Kettle on the Market! The Slow 'N Sear® Kettle Grill gives you all the performance you’d expect from a kettle style charcoal grill and is customized to work with our Slow ‘N Sear® accessory for unrivaled searing power, low ‘n slow smoking, and true two-zone cooking capability.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              BlindSmoker the SNS Kettle is great, and if available to you in Europe at reasonable cost, I would definitely consider it.

Well, I can't find a reseller either. So I guess it's down to other options. I agree on the kettle being a good choice, but if you're tired of the old one then let's see what else there is. I like the PK grills. The 360 model is sturdy (except for the stand, perhaps), it's built like a tank. Don't know what your budget is, so I'll see if I can think of other models.

Comment

• BlindSmoker
              BlindSmoker commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you used the pk grill ? The 360model is to expensive.
              The classic model also great or ?

BlindSmoker - I’ve used both, and I own the PK classic. I think it’s an awesome grill. actually I bought the PK TX since I wanted a portable grill. The TX has a foldable stand. I think it has a taller working height too, but not sure. The one issue I see with the PK classic is that I have a hard time fitting a brisket on it. But except for that it’s great! Get the stainless steel grill grates for it, they are much sturdier, and don’t cost a lot extra.

Comment

Hi,

Thx for all the advice.
              I am thinking about importing the bronco....
              Can somebody give me a great reseller for the oklahoma Bronco, that will ship to europe ?
              A reseller with a personal contact, online i only find Lowes and such....
              Maybe someone who sells a used one ?
              Maybe someone has contacts with oklahoma Joe, so i can kindly ask to send one to europe :-)
              thx

Comment

I use a service called ”My US” (https://www.myus.com/) which gives you a virtual US address. The point is That I can order stuff from the US from retailers that only shop within the lower 48, and then have it shipped to me. This is real convenient. You have to pay for the extra shipping of course, but still. I’ve only ordered smaller stuff, not an entire grill, so I don’t know what it would cost. There are other similar services also, I haven’t tried or compared them all :-)

Comment

Just to add to Henrik here's a link for buying from Wayfair saying that "MY US" is the most cost effective, but they say the same can be done for other retailers too. They even offer a concierge service to handle the whole transaction; https://borderoo.com/pages/buy-from-...0and%20Europe.

The only US retailer that discounts the Bronco is Walmart, but that's only for in store sales, not online.

Comment

• BlindSmoker
                    BlindSmoker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Out of the question, 400 dollar shipping.....

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here