Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a coffee maker they love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My moccamaster..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	15787291591691187538970873803616.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	789591

Comment

Yes! There is a coffee maker that I love, I mean really, really, really! About a year & a half ago my dear, lovely wife accidentally "hid" it on me. I have frantically at times sifted thru whole cabinets repeatedly to no avail. Whilst still under house arrest we wuz (mostly she) lookin for a jar to contain our garlic since the old container found its way to the floor & ended up in pieces.
      This pot is called an Ibrik. It makes exquisite coffee. I am a happy hombre once again. Click image for larger version

Name:	240B6047-8F6D-4BB8-8917-47582A829D9E.jpeg
Views:	305
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	823118Click image for larger version

Name:	2CE5A226-C949-462A-A430-30BA79BAC5A9.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	823119

Comment

My wife.

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          don't let her read that!

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, mine too. It's either Hide 'n Go Seek or Musical Chairs at our house.

I have this one—
        Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12 Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black/Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005IBX9..._-mMGEbR29J23G

It makes "okay" coffee. Problem is I’ve had it for a long time and it just won’t die so I can justify getting a better one like the Technivorm or Breville models. I also do pour over and French press coffee depending on mood.

Comment

French press. All day. Every day.

Comment

For a single cup maker the Zylliss travel french press.

Comment

I’ve had three Mr Coffee 4 cup machines over the years. Each one has been progressively worse than the previous. The first one lasted about 20 years. The second one lasted about 7. I’m 3 years into the third one, and it isn’t as good as either of the others.

the coffee is okay, though.

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                I had one in 1972. Boy they were the cat’s meow back then.

Anything that successfully makes coffee.

Comment

My newest coffee pot I love. It is a cezve/ibrik 70 to 100 ml pot. Click image for larger version

Name:	6B26440C-39D8-4759-8908-ED62289D9D47.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	839636Click image for larger version

Name:	38C57B64-63A9-4F7A-9960-103CB7BB19FA.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	839635
                Attached Files

Comment

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I see you switched over from the imperialist system measuring system.

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah HouseHomey , those imperialists!

I'm the only one in the house that drinks coffee and it's usually just one cup in the morning. I use the Bee House Ceramic Single Cup Brewer and do a simple pour over with freshly ground beans.

Comment

Wail, I've shown it here, several times afore, but always happy to , once again...

My Ma's '60's Corning Ware 12 Cup...No replacement parts, so fer...Still works like a Charm... By my estimation, this pot has easily made 20,000 cups of coffee jus fer breakfasts, not to mention it was always on, all day long, refreshed with grounds an water, as needed.

Jus Sayin, still makes a DamFine cuppa coffee, every dang mornin; like most cookers, ya jus gotta know wth yer doin.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20200430_000627 (Custom).jpg Views:	8 Size:	514.1 KB ID:	839727
                  Note: All OEM Parts are still readily/reasonably available on ePay... worse case scenario: I still gots my Grannies '50 one, works jus fine, as well, thank ya...
                  Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 30, 2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When things were made with pride and to last.

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Timbo54 You, Sir, are most correct! Still cookin in my G'Ma's Piqua Ware..
                    tastes jus like Down Home.

Given to my Ma when she was married,very early '50's.

They went outta bidness long 'bout '35, best I can gather.

Talkin bout tastin like childhood memories!
                    Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 30, 2020, 11:01 AM.

• HouseHomey
                    HouseHomey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Shiiiiii.... I think we got the matching Creamer thingy somewhere.

I have a Ninja Coffee Bar that I bought a couple of years ago. It puts out some good coffee (hot as well as iced). The only problem I have with it, is that after the first year, it developed an issue where say if I selected a full carafe, it would only brew between 1/2 to 3/4 full. I found that water seems to sit in the line and while it was under warranty, Ninja wanted me to pay the cost of returning an item that wasn't right from the start, for a refurb that was to be "thoroughly inspected by their QC dept," before they shipped it. When I asked "aren't all models inspected by QC before being shipped to the stores." I was told yes but this one would be inspected more closely. I found a quick way to get rid of the excess water was to simply turn it upside down and let gravity drain the water out of the line, after each use. Now I'm back to a full carafe.

Comment

Here’s my workhorse 12 cupper. I can perk it or I can cowboy it, makes no difference. French press, cowboy, pour over & the original Turkish coffee are pretty much the same principle. Heat source, pot, water, coffee = drink it. Click image for larger version

Name:	5C21BB19-9437-403A-A9A8-BC7C12B3748F.jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	839853

Comment

I use the most common turkish coffee pot for brewing coffee and everything suits me)) After all, the main thing is not what kind of coffee maker you have, but what kind of coffee you drink. I've never understood people who have a 500-dollar coffee machine and the cheapest coffee. For example, I most appreciate the creamy taste in coffee. This coffee is pleasant to drink in the morning to wake up and in the afternoon to focus more on work. And of all the coffee I tried, I liked Mushroom Coffee the most. Pleasant taste, affordable price and clean ingredients.What could be better?

Comment

• fzxdoc
                        fzxdoc commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've never used a Turkish coffee maker. Not sure I could heat it up on a solid ceramic cooktop. And is there caffeine in Mushroom Coffee? I'm curious.

Kathryn

French Press here.

Comment

• JGo37
                        JGo37 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Me too - all the way! Coarse ground from whole beans - great oils. I even love the routine.

• crazytown3
                        crazytown3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Same here. Easy to brew, easy to clean, no electricity. And delicious.

• Red Man
                        Red Man commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I use a French press mug on weekdays but usually make a pot of drip on weekends. Can’t beat that French press flavor!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here