Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee drinkers, how do you brew yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I brew whatever I roast in my (new) Behmor 1600+. Previously, it was a Whirley Pop stovetop roaster.

Brewing Equipment:
    - Bonavita BV1900TS drip maker
    - French Press
    - Moka Pot
    - Aeropress

Typically Aeropress... it's quickest with easiest prep and cleanup.

How I drink it... black. The drip and French Press I take straight-up... The Moka and Aeropress I drink watered-down, Americano style.

Comment

I roast my own beans (with a Fresh Roast SR-500), then grind them with a burr grinder, and then put them in a Reusable K-Cup.

I've also been known to put it through a pump driven espresso machine.

Freshly roasted and freshly ground is what makes the difference.

Comment

If I can't get the real thing, I'll take Dunkin Donuts in my Keurig. When I used to live in Seattle, I couldn't get enough of Tully's Intense Dark Mocha.

Comment

Part of our distribution business involves distributing coffee to the local grocers Wal Mart and Target. We handle the Peets brand and Caribou brand of coffee. I'm not a coffee snob by any means. I do frightful things like microwave a cup of coffee from the pot made he day before. I like both brands but we sell 10 times the Caribou than the Peets. Peets isn't too well known in this area and has a pretty high price point so it doesn't move as much as the Caribou. Caribou is a local brand and is very well known. There must be at least 4 Caribou coffee shops in town with a population of just right around 80,000.

It's also at a better price point than the Peets.

Comment

I start brewing my coffee with a simple 1:15 ratio (1 gram of coffee for every 15 grams of water). After pouring water onto the coffee grounds, I wait for four to six minutes and then drink. Recently, instead of water, I sometimes add milk because I bought a milk frother. I didn't like the taste of milk or cream in coffee before but after reading the article on https://bybloscoffee.com/best-milk-frother/ I was inspired to try something new. I think coffee with milk is a great drink for the evening because in the morning I can only strong americano can wake me up.
            Last edited by Brigantin; November 20, 2020, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              sounds like Camp coffee, 1st rule don't boil coffee, in a pot add water, add coffee, Tbs for each cup, heat over camp fire til done. Good stuff.

Drip coffee and home, perk coffee camping, Folgers in my cup, smooth reach taste, Black and Hot.
            BTW, in the car I use a straw. UP a Straw. Thing about it, you may take a sip and not take your eyes off the road, and less chance of spilling.

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              Great idea! But with my phone in one hand and a breakfast sandwich in the other, I'd need a really long straw...

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              steer with my knee, yep
              LOL

Easy/lazy way of brewing..
            Click image for larger version

Name:	16057054786006695885226783250380.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	941893

Comment

• jhapka
              jhapka commented
              Editing a comment
              Walmart security camera

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              "Luke, I am your barista."

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha! ComfortablyNumb that was my first thought! Then, I thought I’ve never seen a brewer like that! This is a k-cup machine, I’m guessing? Pretty cool!

Espresso machine. Breville Bambino Plus - I was hesitant to buy one of these higher priced machines after reading hours of reviews (I have a bit of paralysis by analysis syndrome) but earlier this year a Bed Bath and Beyond store by the house was closing and I picked it up for 50% off. Glad I did, it makes a great espresso and froths very well.

in fact, I’m drinking said cup as I type this...

anyone use a coffee bean mail service? I’ve read a few sites, wondering if anyone has found something like that they enjoy this year?

Comment

I used to drink Maxwell House, Good to the Last Drop! But what is wrong with the last drop?

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                It was lazy, it hid, not brave enough to swim out the spout with its friends. It deserves to be shunned.

I have a Breville Grind/Brew combo that is awesome. I got it from my Dad's house after he got it for his wife. She said she couldn't figure out how to work it, so her ignorance is my gain!

I also love to make cold press. I bought a flask cold press maker and it works great. It is always great to have a cup of diesel in the morning.

I also love throwing some MCT oil in on the weekends, when I am not doing OMAD. Great pre-workout drink!

Comment

I grind my coffee beans fresh each morning and use the Bee House Ceramic Coffee Dripper for a yummy cup of pour-over coffee.

Comment

Basic drip machine. Mr. Coffee?? 12 Tbsp of freshly ground organic Sumatra beans from BJ's and 60ozs (10 "cups") of cold water.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "We have coffee machines we have to call Mr. "That's *MR.* Coffee to you!" - Jerry Seinfeld.

The lazy way. K cup machine with Costco K cups. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

Roast my beans on a Gene Cafe roaster. Beans come from Burman's or Bodhileaf. Make espresso on a La Marzooco GS3 that I've had for 8 yrs. It's the culmination of starting simpler and constantly improving, much like we do with grills.

Comment

I have a small Bodum French Press and a small, manual burr grinder. It holds just enough beans that I end up with 4 TBS of ground coffee, which is perfect for the single 16oz mug that I drink every day.

As for coffee, I have a subscription with Black Rifle Coffee, and get a bag of "Murdered Out" beans delivered every 30 days. I supplement that with Peet's Major Dickason ground, when I'm feeling too lazy to grind, and when it goes on sale. They're both dark roasts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here