Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bulletproof Coffee recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry but this is just ... wrong. Sent my poor Rancilio espresso maker into shock. 🙁

Comment

It's 8 am and i'm having my coffee and wishing i had the ingredients for this. I intend to have them Sunday morning. I'm excited to try this and propose it to my wife. Thanks Huskee

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd email you some...but, you know...that doens't work... Lol. Let me know what you think when you try it.

OK, gonna have to try this. Spinaker turned me onto MCT oil in my coffee. You're 100% right about it being brain food. I started doing some intermittent fasting and the MCT is a game changer. Really gets me through the doldrums.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely helps you if you need to become more active or star an exercise prgram, plus man is it a rich cup of coffee With no guilt.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        It is great stuff man! I am glad you are liking it. I keep a bottle at home, one at work and one at my Dad's place. (Where I inevitably get put to work on the grounds, LOL)

I blend up a cup everyday. I only use MCT oil and coffee. It gives me great energy all day and pairs well with intermittent fasting/KETO. The grass-fed butter is excellent too, I just never got into adding it.

I use MCT and Coffee as a pre-work out drink and I love it. Nice steady fuel, it won't give you that extra gear you may need for out all effort, but it gives you that long sustained energy that is great for going all day. Think of it as Gas V Diesel.

Comment

Got the butta and coconut today. Will have it for the first time first thing Sunday morning.

Comment

Huskee Enjoying a cup right now. Great flavor and mouthfeel. Two thumbs up from both me and my wife! Thanks for the post.

Comment

I guess I'm going to have to get some of this... I need the butter, need the MCT oil, and I also need an immersion blender. lol. Oh well, I've been thinking of one of those for a long time.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Here's the one I have and I can highly recommend it, it's solid, tough, and versatile, comes with attachments, has variable speed by twisting the top ring, that top ring lights up a cool blue when plugged in, and we use ours literally daily to make these, well over a year straight now and it shows no signs of wearing out. Most ppl don't use theirs nearly as much as we do, so I'm very happy...

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              ...with this particular brand. Oh, and it's pretty quiet too. Lastly, it's only $30. https://www.amazon.com/KOIOS-Immersi...mazingribs--20

Definitely trying this. Just need to find the MCT oil and butter. Hopefully we get those.

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm pretty sure you can find butter at most any grocery. And my local Publix had the oil.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Most Walmarts have MCT oil. I buy mine on Amazon. It's about $25 a 32 oz. bottle, depending the brand. Seems pricey, but when you use a Tbsp at a time it lasts a long time. We buy Nuton, not sure it matters though. Wife likes the color of the label says it looks cool sitting beside the coffee machines on the coffee bar. Lol. Supposedly that brand has less of something that you don't want.

EdF and RonB there is a ton of evidence, most of which has been known for a long time, but some that is just now coming to light, that calories and fat are not the issues of weight and heart disease. In fact, just the opposite. It appears that higher amounts of carbs, lower amounts of fats, lead to weight gain, inflammation, and heart issues.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been on this story for at least 15 years ecowper . But people think you're nuts when you say it, despite lots of evidence.

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              We’ve been trained by the nutrition bureaucrats, and a bunch other orgs that have been captured by the incorrect science of, pretty much, one man, that calorie counting and low fat is the solution. And meanwhile obesity has gone through the roof.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I found hands-on truth the the fact that high fat diets help you lsoe weight. Not saying it will work for every human across the board, but it did me. You have to be disciplined enough to avoid carbs & sweets. Those WITH the fats, and too little exercise, are what pack the pounds on. If you eat fats, and skip the carbs and sweets, you'll likely fare better. Think of how early humans ate.

Huskee I’m having this again for after dinner. This I had about 12 oz of coffee rather than 8 oz called for. Also more deliberate measuring the butter and oil. I was too impatient this morning. I wanted my cup. Now in a moment the taste....................................aahhh yes. What a great conclusion to satisfying my palate. Thank you!

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad you enjoy it! It's hard to convince folks to try it, my mom for instance. 55+ years of making daily coffee the she always has, she looked at me like I was crazy when I explained bulletproof to her. I made her one. 'Oh, my, wow that IS good!' she said. Lol. They get addicting, wife & I are living proof of that. It's the richness of a fancy coffee drink, yet it still tastes like coffee!

Huskee If I could get my hands on you I’d give you a hug and a kiss right in front of your wife and mine! 😊

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment

Tried it today, very good!

Comment

MCT Oil is a fractionated coconut or palm oil, to extract higher levels of the 3 or 4 medium chain triglycerides. You don't actually need the butter, but the MCT can be a bit hard on a newbie's intestinal tract, if they are not used to being fed that level of MCTs.

Deodorized EV coconut oil should work acceptably, replacing both the butter and the MCT, to provide roughly the same amount of MCTs, without imparting a coconut flavor.

On my diet forum, there are a lot of folks who are gaga for this. I have not so indulged, but I'm curious. I almost never drink coffee at home, so there's some modification to my daily routine that would be involve.d

Comment

Originally posted by Potkettleblack View Post
                MCT Oil is a fractionated coconut or palm oil, to extract higher levels of the 3 or 4 medium chain triglycerides. You don't actually need the butter, but the MCT can be a bit hard on a newbie's intestinal tract, if they are not used to being fed that level of MCTs.

Deodorized EV coconut oil should work acceptably, replacing both the butter and the MCT, to provide roughly the same amount of MCTs, without imparting a coconut flavor.

On my diet forum, there are a lot of folks who are gaga for this. I have not so indulged, but I'm curious. I almost never drink coffee at home, so there's some modification to my daily routine that would be involve.d
                I blend MCT and 20 oz of coffee on the weekends. I do a 23/1 fast during the week until dinner so I don't add any MCT to my black coffee in the morning.

On the weekends It acts like a creamer, with out all of the BS that you find in all those other products. It is great for a pre-workout drink. I never add the butter, I have plenty of available fat on my body to pull from.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                  Potkettleblack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know folks on OMAD (basically 23/1) who don't count a BPC as breaking the fast. I'm not sure how well that works for them or not. I've already lost 21% of my total body weight, yet, have adequate fat stores. But I only do heavy whipping cream in a coffee. Much easier to get on the go.

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you are adding calories to black coffee, it breaks the fast. So only go straight black coffee while fasting. Potkettleblack

• Potkettleblack
                  Potkettleblack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I don’t know that they’re getting the benefits.

The butter is to add fat for those specially on a keto style diet (and that uber rich luxurious mouthfeel). No, it's not needed. Any variances of this recipe are surely possible. For those doing keto, you want a high-fat and no-to-low carbs (different than Atkins) diet to essentially train your body that fat is its fuel. For such a diet, or for those who don't care, a real Bulletproof is the bomb. But I'm not here to tout a diet or what's healthy, simply sharing what the recipe's intent is.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                  Potkettleblack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Butter is generally 85% fat, maybe 15% of that MCTs. It's really there in the original recipe from the bulletproof marketer (beware) to provide the milk solids (the part of the butter than browns under heat), rather than improve the MCT content of the coffee. It also blends a bit more efficiently than straight coconut or MCT.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here