Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Think My Cat Has a Drinking Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Think My Cat Has a Drinking Problem

As my avatar suggests, I enjoy a nice martini 3 or 4 times a week, along with a decent cigar. The spoils of a life of hard work for which I make no apologies. However, I'm beginning to think my cat might be developing a drinking problem.

Whenever I retrieve my 'tini shaker from its designated cabinet, my cat will miraculously appear from whatever hidden niche or nook that he claims as his "napping" spot. I think it's just a place for him to sleep off his latest binge, but have no solid evidence to support that. However, he then launches into a sad and pathetic show of whining, begging, meowing, demanding, and ultimately self-demeaning behavior to feed his degeneracy.

As a responsible pet owner and someone who loves him dearly, it takes all of my will and fortitude to not acquiesce to his mewling and pleading. Call it tough love, and as difficult as that is, I am not an ogre. As I replace my 'tini shaker to its designated spot, I retrieve a bag of "kitty treats" that are stored in the same cabinet, adjacent to the liquor dispenser he craves so much, and disperse a generous serving. It seems to calm his maniacal cravings and he eventually settles into my lap, no doubt planning his next degenerate ploy.

We are considering a 12 step program for him, but fear he might be too far gone. Thankfully, we do have kitty treats on a "refill" basis.
    Last edited by CaptainMike; August 10, 2018, 06:56 PM.

Lol. Those cats are delinquents.

Comment

I wonder which one of you will be the sponsor 😹

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm thinking one of the dogs, they're the teetotalers.

Maybe you have trained his to associate the sound of the shaker with cat treats??

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Now you're just feeding into his addiction. I refuse to be an enabler.

This is what is going on when you are around. What about when you are out. Might be time to start marking the levels in the bottles.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        He would just top it up with water.

Oh boy CaptainMike I gotta chime in on this one but don’t have the time right now.
      To be continued.

Comment

I think my dogs are related to your cat. When I start fetching ice to make a martini or manhattan, they both come running .... drooling, begging, whining .... the only thing that keeps them from immediately sucking down my cocktail is to give them each a piece of ice. Then they stand around hoping they will get a cocktail anyway.

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Mmm hmm, you get what I'm talking about.

Has the cat tried to sneak your cigar when you’re not looking?

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll give him credit there. Martinis seem to be his only vice.

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          CaptainMike now you’ve got me hankering for a cigar .... probably time to pull out some Woodford and a My Father

Don’t go to the washroom and leave your unfinished martini on the table. You might notice the level drop. Tough to blame the little guy though, I like martinis too.

Comment

I once had a dog that drank whiskey 7.

Comment

Dogs have owners ... cats have staff. We live to serve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2F98C0A3-A46E-4534-B0C7-243B34DD1FFA.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	546843
            Last edited by MBMorgan; August 10, 2018, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              OMG! The knucklehead I'm referencing is a Siamese, but all of our "barn cats" are black and they are awesome! So much personality and friendliness. Thanks for the great pic!

• MBMorgan
              MBMorgan commented
              Editing a comment
              This is my best buddy. Name is Dag ... which, pronounced correctly, sounds a lot like "dog".

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              True Dat Brother, we are their staff!

I have a good buddy, real into boats, has this dog that will not get in a boat until you pour a full beer in a bowl for him, and that is the only time the dog drinks.... so I’d say let em have it! They don’t have to drive or get up for work!

Comment

This is the look I get when I show up on the patio with bourbon for myself and nothing for the cat...

Click image for larger version  Name:	815132272023377.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	546902

I've told him he has full access to the bar and can mix his own drink, but I still get attitude...

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                Hilarious!

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Priceless pic, brother!
                Beautiful kitty!

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                He has that "why I oughta..…" look.

So. As I said "to be continued".
              My first dog, Caesar, a Shepherd Lab mix. A big boy. 125lbs. He had the body of a Shepherd and black as the ace of spades.
              Anyway. My father was a major alcoholic and in the morning before going off to work he would crack a fifth of vodka and chug about 3/4 of it and chase it with 2-3 beers. This all being done in our garage. He always had Caesar with him and had a pan on the floor in which he would put 1 sometimes 2 beers in it for the dog to drink.
              Moving forward we had a house party and Caesar stayed with the keg and drank everything that spilled or dripped out.
              I think he had a drinking problem.
              Ok now back to work. 👍

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here