Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True Texas BBQ-HEB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Texas BBQ-HEB

They opened an HEB in my area and are touting the True Texas BBQ restaurant inside of it. They always have long lines and it smells like real BBQ but I'm dubious of any place whose motto is "Smoked in Store Up To 14 Hours". Ummm I smoke my meats about 18 hours so I'm wondering why they chose that as their catch phrase. Anyone ate at one of these? Worth it or not?

Not me, 'cause of geographical constraints...

Hope some others can chime in with personal experiences.

BTW, what in the Blue Blazes is HEB? Sorry, in advance, for bein' ignorant; I am workin' on fixin' that, almost daily!

'Opus In Profectus'

Comment

HEB is a grocery store chain based out of San Antonio, Texas.

14 hours ain't nothin' running 300+.

Comment

Remember, Central Texas BBQ started in grocery stores back in the day. I can do a brisket in 10 hours at 275-300.

Comment

Haven't seen any True Texas BBQ restaurants in our HEBs. But HEB in San Antonio has boneless Prime Ribeye for $9.97lb. Got six, put through the FoodSaver and into the freezer.

Comment

I've been to the HEB BBQ restaurant in Stone Oak, San Antonio. Had the brisket eggs Benedict. It was good but I only got about two tablespoons of brisket. The food was good but the portion was small. I haven't gone back.

Comment

SlushDeezey if you are talking about the one in Magnolia, that's my area as well (I am in the Woodlands). I have seen multiple reviews ranging from Rudy's quality to not good to really good. I think consistency is an issue for them. But sounds like they are dedicated to getting it lined out. I haven't tried it just because I haven't wanted to wait in the lines. I would prefer going across the street to D's Farm Road BBQ trailer. He has good stuff.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here