Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At a Brazilian steakhouse. Might be regretting it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At a Brazilian steakhouse. Might be regretting it?

Need your help. What is that squiggly thing in my meat? I don’t recall intramuscular fat looking like that.
    Attached Files

Don’t worry the worm is dead. And probably tastes like chicken.

Comment

Ewww....not sure but not appealing!! I have never been to an official Brazilian steak house but others I know have and they complained about the "meat sweats". Sounds fun!

Comment

Don’t know but I wouldn’t eat it

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Awe... cmon.. where's your sense of adventure?

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          You can have all you want of my part HouseHomey

Might be a jelled up vein or artery.

Comment

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          Normal? Safe?

• JCGrill
          JCGrill commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 on that

Just gristle. Eat around it. I have heard that some Brazilian steak houses are rated on how much gristle they have, or have not. The meats I had are fabulous, but they serve different cuts than we are used to, and cut it differenty even still.

Comment

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          I was too scared 😃

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, I've seen that 'worm' many times. A bit chewy, so just leave it on the plate. No biggie. Very common on meats from the rear thigh/ham on a cow.

I was wondering what the foot prints next to the worm were.

Comment

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          Forkish footprints 😀

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          He was trying to stab it to see if it would move!!

I think its a map of the Amazon River.

But really? Do you not eat fruit with a blemish? My thinking is, go out, eat, experience new and exciting wolds, where no man has gone before......oh! V live long and prosper.
        Last edited by HawkerXP; October 24, 2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          That 'experience new things' and 'live long' might not always coincide.... Lol!

Looks like good ol' gristle...
        Jus' covertly sneak it to yer dog, under th' table...
        If that establishment don't allow yer dog(s), might wanna upgrade, lol !

Comment

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          This place was terrible. In need of an upgrade.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear that, Scott...
          Payin' money to be underwhelmed, or outright disappointed stinks!

I've tried 3. Two were outstanding, the third only mediocre.

Comment

• jerrybell
          jerrybell commented
          Editing a comment
          Rodizio Grill is terrific. Try them if you find yourself near one. When you need a meat break, the glazed pineapple is great & their salad bar is hard to beat.

• JCGrill
          JCGrill commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinaker lonnie mac jerrybell I've actually been to two Fogo's, top notch. We have a Rodizio here in Maple Grove, not as good as Fogo's. There used to be a place in St Louis Park called Mojito that was really good, but it is no longer there. Lost their lease, I believe.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! I wish had had the chance to check out that place in St. Louis Park. I have been a too the Fogo, downtown, They lost money on my brothers and I, that night. I will have to check out that Rodizio. Everything is growing so fast up there in MG.

Meat sweats are coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. Bones View Post
          looks like good ol' gristle...
          lol!

Comment

Just don't eat the green chicken in Tijuana. Trust me on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseHomey View Post
              Just don't eat the green chicken in Tijuana. Trust me on that one.
              Why, what’s wrong with green chicken? Does it taste like chicken?

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Huskee, is that sorta like, if ya pump a cow’s tail ya will get more milk?

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                Hold up, FireMan. Are you telling me that the tail-pumping trick doesn't work? Did someone lie to me, way back?

LOL!

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Huskee It tasted sorta like a fowl breeze, but it had green sauce and crumbled cheese. Beware Sam I am, the chicken was not clean, it gleamed green with an odd sheen. Henrik would not like green chicken and cheese, Alas! It's a sham, fire up the Rude Boy, I'll have the whole lamb and some ham with Fire Man.

Henrik, so what you’re saying, is someone did that to you when you were a kid to, eh. 🤠
              Last edited by FireMan; October 25, 2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                Being raised on a farm you get to hear all kinds of weird things :-)

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here