Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List: "The 57 American Barbecue Joints You Need to Visit Right Now"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List: "The 57 American Barbecue Joints You Need to Visit Right Now"

I am not sure if this one has been posted, it's a few weeks old. Let the [friendly] debates begin!

The 57 American Barbecue Joints You Need to Visit Right Now

Dig into the smokiest, juiciest, worth-braving-the-lines barbecue this nation has to offer.

I have traveled a ton, lived in a variety of cities around the country, and sampled a lot of bbq. Although I have heard of several of these places, I am embarrassed to admit I have never eaten in any of them. I now have a new mission in my life!! Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by Jfrosty27; June 19, 2022, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Wow, fifty-seven? Right NOW? I have a hard enough time being in three places at once, gimme a break, 57???

I'll show myself out.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        How can you be in two places at once when you’re not anywhere at all?

• DaveD
        DaveD commented
        Editing a comment
        Duluth, bucko? You can get Tierra Del Fuego!

I love a good list. 👍

Comment

They forgot My Backyard!

Comment

Four down. Fifty-three to go. Sheesh, I better get cracking.

Comment

0-57

Lots of work to do. One of my favorite BBQ places was Old Glory BBQ in DC. They are closed now but I went there every time I was in DC. Anyone ever go there?

Comment

I'm just going to Richard's place on Fairchild in LaCrosse.( Richard Chrz ) He's only 2 hours away and has more good stuff than anywhere. Pork, Beef, Bread, Pizza, etc, etc. Why should I drive any further?

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                Richard Chrz commented
                Editing a comment
                Ha! & Thank You, but, I certainly do not belong on that list.
                Last edited by Richard Chrz; June 20, 2022, 05:26 PM.

1/57 here- Lewis in Charleston. Would've been 2 but Pappy's in St Louis had just closed when we called 'em, so we went to a joint that didn't make this list.

Comment

3/57 - Heirloom, La Barbecue, and Smoque.

Comment

No doubt the 57 on their list are good, but IMHO a little weighted to certain locales. Which is pretty normal when these lists get made.

Comment

I've been to 3, so only 54 to go! Moonlite, Big Bob Gibson's and Martin's.

Comment

• Deeremaxx
                      Deeremaxx commented
                      Editing a comment
                      How was moonlight?
                      Davw

• Steve R.
                      Steve R. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Deeremaxx, it's just not my thing, quite honestly. But it is well-publicized and people swarm to it. It's a really good cafeteria style place to eat, just not my idea of a great bbq joint, if that makes sense.

Been to two, Coop's and Grand Ol' BBQ. 4 More I could knock off pretty easily if gas wasn't so dang expensive.

Comment

BBQ is the LAST freaking thing I'm looking for when I hit the road. I think GoldBelly has 4-5lbs of Snow's Brisket for $219.95.

Comment

• Mosca
                        Mosca commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I got Franklin’s from Goldbelly. It was about the same as my best.

• Murdy
                        Murdy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
                        BBQ is the LAST freaking thing I'm looking for when I hit the road.
                        That's because you're from Texas, most of the rest of us aren't surrounded by first rate BBQ places.
                        Last edited by Murdy; June 21, 2022, 12:12 PM.

I almost never go to a BBQ restaurant because when I do, I'm usually disappointed.

Comment

• Bogy
                        Bogy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Even my wife is disappointed.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here